Komodo 10.2 released.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
MikeB
Posts: 3542
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by MikeB » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:17 am

ok, this is my last update for the night:

Code: Select all

84 of 600 games completed...
time control: 18000+300
Date: 10/30/16 : 03:12:46
84 game(s) loaded
Rank Name                      Rating   Δ     +    -     #     Σ    Σ%     W    L    D   W%    =%   OppR 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   1 Stockfish 102916-14y       3146   0.0   47   47    42   25.0  59.5   12    4   26  28.6  61.9  3085 
   2 Komodo 10.2 64-bit         3089  56.0   49   49    41   19.5  47.6    9   11   21  22.0  51.2  3104 
   3 Komodo 10.1 64-bit         3088   1.5   47   47    43   20.5  47.7    7    9   27  16.3  62.8  3103 
   4 Stockfish 281016 64 POPC   3077  11.0   49   49    42   19.0  45.2    8   12   22  19.0  52.4  3108 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
84 game(s) loaded
you can check yourself for the latest updates here - about every 25 minutes or so: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q30k3kvul6qsa ... a.txt?dl=1
pgn file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/njswzxuo2u88gp2/all.pgn?dl=1

Werewolf
Posts: 1198
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by Werewolf » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:39 am

lkaufman wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
What _I_ want to see is how this new komodo 10.2 does vs the SF that played in stage 3 of TCEC, OR, the version of SF that played in Graham Banks matches between sf and komodo.

It is very frustrating to have two moving targets at the same time.

e.g. let's say komodo beats ASM, how will we know if the older SF version, which Graham used, wouldn't have crushed komodo 10.2 like it did to komodo 10.1?

We should first test a moving target with a standing target before we go on to the second moving target.
I think we'll do ok relative to stockfish in tests like Frank's where each opponent plays against many other opponents, but we will not look so good in direct matches with Stockfish. The reasons for this are not all clear, although "Contempt" is a factor. It's up to each person to decide whether a direct match or a rr tournament is a better way to decide which of two engines is stronger. There are arguments both ways.
Larry, for use in IDeA, should contempt be set to zero?

User avatar
Werner
Posts: 2422
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by Werner » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:09 am

Hi Larry, hi Mark,

thanks for the new version.
Download and licence works ok.

best wishes
Werner

corres
Posts: 1760
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:41 am
Location: hungary

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by corres » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:29 am

I should like to know that is Stockfish 281016 64 POPC the "official Stockfish" from abrok.eu or any other?

Modern Times
Posts: 2417
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by Modern Times » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:40 am

My understanding is that the only "official" versions are the ones here:

https://stockfishchess.org/

In terms of unofficial daily builds, take your pick. I get mine here:

http://chess.ultimaiq.net/stockfish.html
.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

Modern Times
Posts: 2417
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by Modern Times » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:42 am

I skipped 10.1 for chess960 testing, so time to test 10.2 now.
.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

beram
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by beram » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:59 pm

MikeB wrote:ok, this is my last update for the night:

Code: Select all

84 of 600 games completed...
time control: 18000+300
Date: 10/30/16 : 03:12:46
84 game(s) loaded
Rank Name                      Rating   Δ     +    -     #     Σ    Σ%     W    L    D   W%    =%   OppR 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   1 Stockfish 102916-14y       3146   0.0   47   47    42   25.0  59.5   12    4   26  28.6  61.9  3085 
   2 Komodo 10.2 64-bit         3089  56.0   49   49    41   19.5  47.6    9   11   21  22.0  51.2  3104 
   3 Komodo 10.1 64-bit         3088   1.5   47   47    43   20.5  47.7    7    9   27  16.3  62.8  3103 
   4 Stockfish 281016 64 POPC   3077  11.0   49   49    42   19.0  45.2    8   12   22  19.0  52.4  3108 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
84 game(s) loaded
you can check yourself for the latest updates here - about every 25 minutes or so: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q30k3kvul6qsa ... a.txt?dl=1
pgn file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/njswzxuo2u88gp2/all.pgn?dl=1
Thx for testing and download
After 120 games, half point difference between 10.1 and 10.2

Code: Select all

Computer chess game

                              1                                        2                                        3                                        4                                        
1   Stockfish 281016 64 POPC  21.0 - 19.021.5 - 18.524.0 - 16.0**     66.5/120
2   Stockfish 102916-14y      19.0 - 21.024.0 - 16.022.0 - 18.0 **    65.0/120
3   Komodo 10.2 64-bit        18.5 - 21.516.0 - 24.020.0 - 20.0  **   54.5/120
4   Komodo 10.1 64-bit        16.0 - 24.018.0 - 22.020.0 - 20.0   **  54.0/120

MikeB
Posts: 3542
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by MikeB » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:37 pm

corres wrote:I should like to know that is Stockfish 281016 64 POPC the "official Stockfish" from abrok.eu or any other?
It was compiled from the official developmental source on GitHub:

https://github.com/official-stockfish/Stockfish which already been updated by another commit since it was compiled.

As far as an official released binaries, they are posted here:

https://stockfishchess.org/download/ - the last release is Stockfish 7, now 10 months old.

lkaufman
Posts: 3743
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 am
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by lkaufman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:03 pm

Werewolf wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
What _I_ want to see is how this new komodo 10.2 does vs the SF that played in stage 3 of TCEC, OR, the version of SF that played in Graham Banks matches between sf and komodo.

It is very frustrating to have two moving targets at the same time.

e.g. let's say komodo beats ASM, how will we know if the older SF version, which Graham used, wouldn't have crushed komodo 10.2 like it did to komodo 10.1?

We should first test a moving target with a standing target before we go on to the second moving target.
I think we'll do ok relative to stockfish in tests like Frank's where each opponent plays against many other opponents, but we will not look so good in direct matches with Stockfish. The reasons for this are not all clear, although "Contempt" is a factor. It's up to each person to decide whether a direct match or a rr tournament is a better way to decide which of two engines is stronger. There are arguments both ways.
Larry, for use in IDeA, should contempt be set to zero?
Yes.
Komodo rules!

MikeB
Posts: 3542
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Re: Komodo 10.2 released.

Post by MikeB » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:52 pm

beram wrote:
MikeB wrote:ok, this is my last update for the night:

Code: Select all

84 of 600 games completed...
time control: 18000+300
Date: 10/30/16 : 03:12:46
84 game(s) loaded
Rank Name                      Rating   Δ     +    -     #     Σ    Σ%     W    L    D   W%    =%   OppR 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   1 Stockfish 102916-14y       3146   0.0   47   47    42   25.0  59.5   12    4   26  28.6  61.9  3085 
   2 Komodo 10.2 64-bit         3089  56.0   49   49    41   19.5  47.6    9   11   21  22.0  51.2  3104 
   3 Komodo 10.1 64-bit         3088   1.5   47   47    43   20.5  47.7    7    9   27  16.3  62.8  3103 
   4 Stockfish 281016 64 POPC   3077  11.0   49   49    42   19.0  45.2    8   12   22  19.0  52.4  3108 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
84 game(s) loaded
you can check yourself for the latest updates here - about every 25 minutes or so: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q30k3kvul6qsa ... a.txt?dl=1
pgn file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/njswzxuo2u88gp2/all.pgn?dl=1
Thx for testing and download
After 120 games, half point difference between 10.1 and 10.2

Code: Select all

Computer chess game

                              1                                        2                                        3                                        4                                        
1   Stockfish 281016 64 POPC  21.0 - 19.021.5 - 18.524.0 - 16.0**     66.5/120
2   Stockfish 102916-14y      19.0 - 21.024.0 - 16.022.0 - 18.0 **    65.0/120
3   Komodo 10.2 64-bit        18.5 - 21.516.0 - 24.020.0 - 20.0  **   54.5/120
4   Komodo 10.1 64-bit        16.0 - 24.018.0 - 22.020.0 - 20.0   **  54.0/120


after 444 games @ 3 min/3 sec/, the K10.2-K11.1 spread has widen to 17.3 ELO - certainly within the expected range for a limited number of game - will be stopping this run as it appears my last mod did not have a desired affect on SF ...also I misread Larry's comment about contempt and had it set to 15 for this run and I believe it may have impacted K's result against SF

Code: Select all

444 of 600 games completed...
time control: 18000+300
Date: 10/30/16 : 15:39:37
444 game(s) loaded
Rank Name                      Rating   Δ     +    -     #     Σ    Σ%     W    L    D   W%    =%   OppR 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   1 Stockfish 281016 64 POPC   3145   0.0   20   20   223  131.5  59.0   64   24  135  28.7  60.5  3085 
   2 Stockfish 102916-14y       3129  16.3   20   20   222  124.0  55.9   56   30  136  25.2  61.3  3090 
   3 Komodo 10.2 64-bit         3072  57.3   20   20   221   98.0  44.3   34   59  128  15.4  57.9  3110 
   4 Komodo 10.1 64-bit         3054  17.3   20   20   222   90.5  40.8   29   70  123  13.1  55.4  3116 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
444 game(s) loaded

Post Reply