World Chess Championship (OT)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sean Evans

Re: World Chess Championship (OT)

Post by Sean Evans »

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Sean Evans wrote:Dumb question!
We could really use an ignore button here...
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

youtube ran a streamed broadcast with two 2600 GM's. Their spoken English was very clear and they weren't referencing chess engines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxBVnjrBDBU
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

and to watch, you first have to agree to below terms of use:

WORLDCHESS.COM WIDGET TERMS OF USE 1. These terms of use ("Terms") shall apply to Your use of the worldchess.com widget (“Widget”). 2. Where these Terms are inconsistent with the terms of use of the website where the widget is located these Terms shall prevail. 3. You are not permitted to use any content from the Widget except as expressly permitted by these Terms. You acknowledge that all the content present on the Widget is either owned by or licensed to World Chess Events Limited (Tropic Isle Building, P. O. Box 3423, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands). Your use of such content shall be limited to its viewing for private noncommercial use. 4. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT INFORMATION ABOUT CHESS MOVES OF THE FIDE WORLD CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES IS EXPENSIVE TO PRODUCE AND GATHER AND TIME-SENSITIVE AND THAT UNCONTROLLED COPYING OF THIS INFORMATION DURING THE RESPECTIVE CHESS GAME MAY REDUCE THE INCENTIVE OF THE ORGANIZER OF THE FIDE WORLD CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH 2016 TO STAGE SIMILAR EVENTS IN THE FUTURE. YOU FURTHER AGREE NOT TO COPY OR COMMUNICATE ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING THE CHESS MOVES OF THE BROADCASTED GAMES DURING SUCH GAMES BY ANY MEANS TO ANY THIRD PARTY.

if it would not have been very unfortunate, it would have been very funny, but unfortunately, it is very unfrotunate.

If infromation about the chess moves is expensive, I wonder how much more expensive information about chess analysis, interviews and other relevant info would be.

no watching this time.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Carlsen playing Trumpowsky.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

jdart wrote:Judit Polgar is commenting on the official site. She is pretty good. I would sure rather listen to her than Yasser Seirawan, who tends to wander off into sidelines. But I see no video, just am getting the audio.

--Jon

Link to the official site?
BeyondCritics
Full name: Oliver Roese

Post by BeyondCritics »

Thanks for the link.
So far the best commentry i think.
Van Kampen and Hansen (both 2600+) complement each other well, which is not taken for granted. Analysis is deep and without computers.
Recommended.
rlsuth

Post by rlsuth »

Steve Maughan wrote:What's the best way to watch the WCC on:

a) Desktop
b) Smartphone

Any suggestions?

Steve
Thanks for asking this question Steve as I also wanted the information.

As a teacher of mine once said: There are no dumb questions: Only dumb replies.
jdart

Post by jdart »

Henk

Post by Henk »

Actually I wonder why we should watch this. There are many games played in the past that were much more interesting and exciting.

[Maybe only interesting because it's a live event. Second game quite boring. Waste of time.]