Moved "40H" tools/utilities to a new URL

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Adam Hair
Posts: 3222
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina

Re: Moved "40H" tools/utilities to a new URL

Post by Adam Hair » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:46 pm

Norm Pollock wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:The new URL is not working for me. It did yesterday, but not now.
To say they are unreliable is an understatement.

Fortunately Jesse offered to host the site and while we are in the process of testing it, it does seem to be ok. Try this one:

https://komodochess.com/pub/40H-pgn-utilities/
Works for me :D

Norm Pollock
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Moved "40H" tools/utilities to a new URL

Post by Norm Pollock » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:45 pm

All seems fine now. I have 2 good locations for my 40H site. The previously reported outage at one of the locations only lasted a few hours. Considering that I had to abandon 3 previous locations this year because they stopped working, I am happy with the two I have now.

Please bookmark whichever, or both, because all the google references seems to have one of the abandoned locations.

The current sites for 40H downloads are:

https://komodochess.com/pub/40H-pgn-utilities/

https://40h.000webhostapp.com/

-Norm

Frank Quisinsky
Posts: 5098
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: Trier, Germany
Contact:

Re: Moved "40H" tools/utilities to a new URL

Post by Frank Quisinsky » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:45 am

Hi Norm,

it seems you have from time to time problems with your important site with the providers you are using.

If you like / need I can send you the passwords from www.amateurschach.de.

So you can added your complete files on my site and you have enough space and you can very easy upload your page.

Best
Frank
I like computer chess!

Norm Pollock
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Moved "40H" tools/utilities to a new URL

Post by Norm Pollock » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Norm,

it seems you have from time to time problems with your important site with the providers you are using.

If you like / need I can send you the passwords from www.amateurschach.de.

So you can added your complete files on my site and you have enough space and you can very easy upload your page.

Best
Frank
Hi Frank,

From time to time, maybe once a week, the 000webhost site goes out, but comes back a few hours later. The other site at komodochess is stable. Any site can have moments when they are out due to heavy traffic, internet problems, updating, etc.

I would welcome a third site. Just send me by PM, the passwords, ftp information, etc and I'll try it out. Note that I intend to keep the two current sites.

Thanks - Norm

User avatar
Ozymandias
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:30 am

Re: Moved "40H" tools/utilities to a new URL

Post by Ozymandias » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:53 am

Norm Pollock wrote:Note that I intend to keep the two current sites.

Thanks - Norm
The more the merrier.

Norm Pollock
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Moved "40H" tools/utilities to a new URL

Post by Norm Pollock » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Ozymandias wrote:
Norm Pollock wrote:Note that I intend to keep the two current sites.

Thanks - Norm
The more the merrier.
Thanks to Jesse and Frank for the two additional urls to park my web site.

Here is where "40H" / "Chess Tools, Utilities and Downloads" is situated:

40h.000webhostapp.com

komodochess.com/pub/40H-pgn-utilities

nk-qy.info/40h

Joerg Oster
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Moved "40H" tools/utilities to a new URL

Post by Joerg Oster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Norm Pollock wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:
Norm Pollock wrote:Note that I intend to keep the two current sites.

Thanks - Norm
The more the merrier.
Thanks to Jesse and Frank for the two additional urls to park my web site.

Here is where "40H" / "Chess Tools, Utilities and Downloads" is situated:

40h.000webhostapp.com

komodochess.com/pub/40H-pgn-utilities

nk-qy.info/40h
Thanks!
Jörg Oster

Post Reply