Sirius GUI plus Cerebellum release date?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Leto

Sirius GUI plus Cerebellum release date?

Post by Leto »

Any word on when the Sirius GUI and Cerebellum will be released? The Brainfish FAQ said November but that's already passed. Is it available already?

Here's the Brainfish FAQ, just click on the Brainfish tab when you get there and then the FAQ tab:
http://zipproth.com/index.html#ui-tabs-1
Thomas Zipproth

Re: Sirius GUI plus Cerebellum release date?

Post by Thomas Zipproth »

The release date will have to be delayed most likely till end of Februar 2017. I'm sorry for that delay, but there was a lack of time due to several projects and private reasons.

I will announce this official when I have an exact date, for know I estimate End of Februar. I will correct the data on the website.

The current state of the project is that still everything is working as intended and fully functional (I'm doing the Cerebellum_light Versions with it). What has to be done is to make the several functions more user friendly, especially the distributed calculation of the book, and some changes in the GUI for PGN handling and displaying all book features.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Thomas Zipproth wrote:The release date will have to be delayed most likely till end of Februar 2017. I'm sorry for that delay, but there was a lack of time due to several projects and private reasons.

I will announce this official when I have an exact date, for know I estimate End of Februar. I will correct the data on the website.

The current state of the project is that still everything is working as intended and fully functional (I'm doing the Cerebellum_light Versions with it). What has to be done is to make the several functions more user friendly, especially the distributed calculation of the book, and some changes in the GUI for PGN handling and displaying all book features.
Thanks Thomas - great work on Cerebellum!
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Take your time to get it right. We are looking forward to this huge development in computer chess.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
clumma

Post by clumma »

Thanks for the update, Thomas. Wishing the project every success. Happy new year!
Leto

Post by Leto »

I have some questions for Thomas and Stefan about Sirius and Cerebellum:

1. How much hard drive space does Cerebellum and Sirius take up? How big is the current full version of the Cerebellum book?

2. Would it be possible to solve chess by continually improving a book through Cerebellum and Sirius?

3. How fast does Cerebellum and Sirius compile the book? For example let's say I have the full version of the Cerebellum book and I wanted to fix a one move blunder in one of its openings, how long does it take for it to compile the book after I fix the blunder?
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Cerebellum book play loser lines, giving away piece for nothing---lol
Thomas Zipproth

Damir wrote:Cerebellum book play loser lines, giving away piece for nothing---lol
As you can read on the Brainfish download site, there was a bug in the Brainfish Version from 01.01.2017 caused by a Stockfish Patch which made a change in the code for the Book move selection necessary.
Leto

Post by Leto »

Damir wrote:Cerebellum book play loser lines, giving away piece for nothing---lol
That was a Stockfish bug. Cerebellum currently leading Sedat's opening book tournament: https://sites.google.com/site/computers ... book-cs-12
Thomas Zipproth

Leto wrote: 1. How much hard drive space does Cerebellum and Sirius take up? How big is the current full version of the Cerebellum book?

2. Would it be possible to solve chess by continually improving a book through Cerebellum and Sirius?

3. How fast does Cerebellum and Sirius compile the book? For example let's say I have the full version of the Cerebellum book and I wanted to fix a one move blunder in one of its openings, how long does it take for it to compile the book after I fix the blunder?
1.) The hard drive space is 640 MB for a book which holds up to 8 Million positions.
Each position can contain two independant calculations (for example SF and Komodo based) and two independant statistical data collections, for example from human and machine games.

2.) With an increasing number of positions, the Cerebellum algorithm would finally converge into a 32 pieces tablebase.
That raises the interesting question, similar to the solved Checkers,
at what time the gap between the Cerebellum opening base and the endgame tables will be small enough so that loosing a game becomes very unlikely.

Optimizing winning chances needs a bit different approach, because this depends on the time and engine + book of the opponent.
So there is much statistics involved in that, but Cerebellum will support this too.

3.) Besides the calculation of the new positions itsself, a recalculation of the book takes about 8 Minutes, with the current 5.2 Million positions.

Thomas