Komodo 10.3

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

reflectionofpower

Re: Komodo 10.3

Post by reflectionofpower »

Isaac wrote:
mjlef wrote:Thanks. It is just 2 elo right now, but it is nice seeing the positive scores against both Stockfish 8 and Houdini 5.01.
I'm not here to spoil anything but I see a score of 6-10 vs Houdini 5.01 (+0 -4 =12) which is negative.
:shock:
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
Modern Times

Re: Komodo 10.3

Post by Modern Times »

Isaac wrote:
mjlef wrote:Thanks. It is just 2 elo right now, but it is nice seeing the positive scores against both Stockfish 8 and Houdini 5.01.
I'm not here to spoil anything but I see a score of 6-10 vs Houdini 5.01 (+0 -4 =12) which is negative.
It could have been positive on the list for a short while a week or two ago, which is what Mark may have seen, but a tester had installed Houdini correctly but then copied the exe to his normal engine folder and run it from there, where it runs as unregistered and substantially weaker. So all Houdini games he had played were removed, which included some against Komodo 10.3, and new games are currently being run.
christian

Re: Komodo 10.3-Fire5

Post by christian »

Fire 5 Shows Trojan warning after download
Can I trust http://chesslogik.wixsite.com/fire
reflectionofpower

christian wrote:Fire 5 Shows Trojan warning after download
Can I trust http://chesslogik.wixsite.com/fire
It is a false positive. I am running Fire 5 and I am using Avast AV, no problems and i downloaded from the same exact website.

Many times the EXE will be compressed or protected from reverse engineering and this sets off a red flag with some AV's.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
christian

Post by christian »

Thanks
reflectionofpower

christian wrote:Thanks
no problemo :P

Lonnie