DEEP SYNAPZE

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

velmarin

Re: Deep Synapse RZ6

Post by velmarin »

BrendanJNorman wrote: Image
Thanks for the photo, seeing HGM is always refreshing.

But please be quiet.
You just search and scold and scold, look like a troll, a ghost and we all know that you are not, but you behave the same.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

hgm wrote:That happens to be just what Leonimial thought, when he was foulmouthing Ed. And look what happened to him...

Unlike what you are advocating, many coutries take laws on libel (and copyright infringement,for that matter) very seriously.

Well, thanks, but no thanks. I am not going to waste my time on that. It seems you want to deny me the right to not worry about obviously fabricated accusations against me. Sadly for you, I can set my own priorities in that respect, though.

Paranoia, then?

As I explained, I would be happier with a real-location policy. Again you seem to think you have the authority to decide what I should like and dislike.
This will be my last response to you. Jose is getting upset.

1. I have no idea what "happened" to Leonimial, nor do I care, but I did do a little search over at rybkaforum and seen you referring to Ed as "moronic" (here http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 22341;pg=1 at bottom of page :wink:) and being generally mean spirited.

It seems to me that computer chess forums are generally a place where you guys like to fight with one another and have sporadically for over a decade.

2. If you could give a direct quote of what I was "advocating", that'd be helpful, because I missed it.

3. Huh?

4. You are the moderator of a forum which uses a real-name policy to encourage good behavior from members. When behavior was crossing the line, you failed to take action. The fact that you PREFER a location policy doesn't mean you shouldn't enforce the current rules of the forum.

Just as a police officer if he personally thought that cocaine should be legalized, would not be free from the responsibility of locking up drug dealers.

Lastly, I have no interest in being a moderator (nor would I be voted in), but If I were, we know that I'd bring the hammer down on any rude or insulting behavior, regardless of any alliances, friendships or history I had with the offender.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

velmarin wrote:But please be quiet.
You just search and scold and scold, look like a troll, a ghost and we all know that you are not, but you behave the same.
Okay, no problem.

It's abundantly clear that demanding honesty and accountability from people is a big nono here.

It's called scolding and trolling.

On the other hand, labelling people (whether directly or veiled behind implicit remarks) and slinging insults can always be explained away.

No problem Jose, keep up the good work.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

BrendanJNorman wrote:1. I have no idea what "happened" to Leonimial, nor do I care, but I did do a little search over at rybkaforum and seen you referring to Ed as "moronic" (here http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 22341;pg=1 at bottom of page :wink:) and being generally mean spirited.
Indeed, the Rybka forum is an unmoderated cesspool of evil spirits, and you have to deal firmly with them there.
It seems to me that computer chess forums are generally a place where you guys like to fight with one another and have sporadically for over a decade.
I don't think forums about computer chess are different from any other internet forums, in that respect.
2. If you could give a direct quote of what I was "advocating", that'd be helpful, because I missed it.
It seems you are not able to understand the meaning and implications of your own writings. This of course has been the problem from the beginning.
4. You are the moderator of a forum which uses a real-name policy to encourage good behavior from members. When behavior was crossing the line, you failed to take action. The fact that you PREFER a location policy doesn't mean you shouldn't enforce the current rules of the forum.
And the fact that it rains, doesn't mean you will stay dry when you venture outside... Any more such 'wisdoms' you want to teach us? You seem to have some misconceptions about what the rules on this forum are. (And just to pre-emptively remove another misconception: it is not you who dictates those.)
Lastly, I have no interest in being a moderator (nor would I be voted in), but If I were, we know that I'd bring the hammer down on any rude or insulting behavior, regardless of any alliances, friendships or history I had with the offender.
And by violating the forum charter this way you probably would not remain moderator very long... So much for "moderators should not make their own rules"...