DEEP SYNAPZE

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fantasmadel50

DEEP SYNAPZE

Post by fantasmadel50 »

Alguien tiene datos sobre este motor ? Se que las ultimas versiones son la 6 y 6.5. Alguien sabe cual es la mejor entre ellas.? Anyone have data on this engine? I know the latest versions are 6 and 6.5. Does anyone know which one is the best among them?
harri200k

Deep Synapse RZ6

Post by harri200k »

Deep Synapse RZ6

Download Link: http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/acgZS7Tj/file.html
harri200k

Deep-Synapse-RZ6.5-64bit

Post by harri200k »

Deep-Synapse-RZ6.5-64bit

Download Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hvph00
fantasmadel50

Re: Deep Synapse RZ6

Post by fantasmadel50 »

Thank you very much for the links. But I wanted to know if anyone had tested them.?
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Yet another ippolit offshoot.
This one has no open source, and they disguise what they do.
See also:
http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59634
Psa 26:4
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Dann Corbit wrote:This one has no open source, and they disguise what they do.
Who carez ? Very strong Engine, easily beats Stockfish, Komodo and Houdini !
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

shrapnel wrote:
Honest people care. Honest people do not steal and take credit for the works of others.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

mjlef wrote:
shrapnel wrote:
Honest people care. Honest people do not steal and take credit for the works of others.
Different paradigms.

Our friend from India is speaking from the perspective of an engine USER, rather than that of a programmer.

From the perspective of the user, it doesn't matter the origin of the engine, as long as it it either strong, or plays in an attractive way.

Programmers on the other hand, have their own special world which others don't see into, which has its own unwritten rules, code of ethics, cliques and politics.

This difference in paradigm is often the root of disagreement on this forum and even myself, I speak from the perspective of the user, despite understanding the concerns of the programmers.

Despite greatly admiring tons of engine programmers, I have been disappointed to see (even going back years into the archives), how much naming, shaming and accusations of "stealing/cloning/deriving/borrowing/reverse engineering" or whatever, BEFORE even having conclusive proof.

In the real world, you could be sued for defamation for this "guilty until proven innocent" reputation attacking, yet lots of computer chess guys do it and then jump on their moral high-horse about how someone "stole" something.

You know a reputation can also be stolen.

- One destroys another's reputation (or attempts to) with inconclusive proof

- The other uses another's intellectual property without permission/giving attribution.

Again, as a person looking from outside of the programming world, I'd suggest that expecting consistent moral purity from all people, regardless of their culture, background or character, is naive.

I'm reminded of this daily as a person from a western country, living in China - our "morals" mean nothing to some others and we need to be smarter and more assertive.

- Has there been created an independent and neutral computer chess authoritative body/court?

If not, that's a good idea. And this body needs endorsement from ChessBase, Convekta and all of the engine authors.

This body needs to have legal (at least loosely) authority on computer chess matters.

A panel will study engines which have been deemed as suspicious and go through a thorough audit process.

Only after this, can an accusation be made.

Public accusations before this should be deemed just as immoral as the theft itself.

Once this organization is in place (or even before), programmers should protect their source code legally and register it with an I.P lawyer.

If they are suspicious that somebody has stolen their code, they can submit their engine and the suspected copycat engine to the panel for judgement.

If found guilty, they have plenty of ammo to sue the offender, especially if said offender made the work a commercial project.

On the other hand...

I don't think the end-user is morally questionable or dishonest for using a cloned-engine at all. I think it's unfair to assert this.

The end user can do whatever he wants, it's up to the programmer to protect his asset.

If I buy a DVD collection very cheaply on eBay and it turns out to be a pirated version, it's not my fault.

The owner of the I.P needs to do something about this.

Besides, I strongly suspect that about 90% or more of the top guys "borrow" from each other now.

And then they attack each other for it. It's crazy.

I've read cloning accusations against Houdini, Thinker, Rybka, Loop, Naum, Strelka, Fire, Fizbo, Critter etc.

I don't know who stole code and as mentioned, as a user, I don't care...

I like Thinker, Houdini (5), Strelka (5 lol), Vitruvius, Saros, Mars, Toga, Fire and tons of others.

It's not my concern, nor my responsibility where they came from.

Stealing code is bad, but there are much worse problems in the world.

Honestly, this issue is a programmer's problem to solve, whether moral or legal, and I'm sure there's a solution some place.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

BrendanJNorman wrote:
mjlef wrote:
shrapnel wrote:
Different paradigms.

Our friend from India is speaking from the perspective of an engine USER, rather than that of a programmer.

From the perspective of the user, it doesn't matter the origin of the engine, as long as it it either strong, or plays in an attractive way.

Programmers on the other hand, have their own special world which others don't see into, which has its own unwritten rules, code of ethics, cliques and politics.

This difference in paradigm is often the root of disagreement on this forum and even myself, I speak from the perspective of the user, despite understanding the concerns of the programmers.

Despite greatly admiring tons of engine programmers, I have been disappointed to see (even going back years into the archives), how much naming, shaming and accusations of "stealing/cloning/deriving/borrowing/reverse engineering" or whatever, BEFORE even having conclusive proof.

In the real world, you could be sued for defamation for this "guilty until proven innocent" reputation attacking, yet lots of computer chess guys do it and then jump on their moral high-horse about how someone "stole" something.

- The other uses another's intellectual property without permission/giving attribution.

Again, as a person looking from outside of the programming world, I'd suggest that expecting consistent moral purity from all people, regardless of their culture, background or character, is naive.

I'm reminded of this daily as a person from a western country, living in China - our "morals" mean nothing to some others and we need to be smarter and more assertive.

- Has there been created an independent and neutral computer chess authoritative body/court?

If not, that's a good idea. And this body needs endorsement from ChessBase, Convekta and all of the engine authors.

This body needs to have legal (at least loosely) authority on computer chess matters.

A panel will study engines which have been deemed as suspicious and go through a thorough audit process.

Public accusations before this should be deemed just as immoral as the theft itself.

Once this organization is in place (or even before), programmers should protect their source code legally and register it with an I.P lawyer.

If they are suspicious that somebody has stolen their code, they can submit their engine and the suspected copycat engine to the panel for judgement.

If found guilty, they have plenty of ammo to sue the offender, especially if said offender made the work a commercial project.

On the other hand...

I don't think the end-user is morally questionable or dishonest for using a cloned-engine at all. I think it's unfair to assert this.

The end user can do whatever he wants, it's up to the programmer to protect his asset.

If I buy a DVD collection very cheaply on eBay and it turns out to be a pirated version, it's not my fault.

Besides, I strongly suspect that about 90% or more of the top guys "borrow" from each other now.

I've read cloning accusations against Houdini, Thinker, Rybka, Loop, Naum, Strelka, Fire, Fizbo, Critter etc.

I like Thinker, Houdini (5), Strelka (5 lol), Vitruvius, Saros, Mars, Toga, Fire and tons of others.

Honestly, this issue is a programmer's problem to solve, whether moral or legal, and I'm sure there's a solution some place.
Well, now we know where you stand, but I had no doubt of it before...
There are even more 'Synapse' clone threads if you still feel you could be convinced otherwise.
No idea why you try to defend a dead horse, dead long before you arrived here.
But please, spare me another suada in exegetical length.

'Synapseblabla-clone' is one of the worst examples around, because it was even tried to sell it.

Edit: Moderation should move that thread to EOF, where it belongs
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

BrendanJNorman wrote:
mjlef wrote:
shrapnel wrote:
Different paradigms.

On the other hand...

Very good post, Mr Norman !
Unfortunately, Guenther Simon hasn't bothered to read your Post carefully, or perhaps doesn't understand English very well , being German.
Again, a very good post, which tries to address fairly and in an unbiased manner, different viewpoints .
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis