DEEP SYNAPZE

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Daniel Anulliero

Re: Deep Synapse RZ6

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

harri200k wrote:Deep Synapse RZ6

Download Link: http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/acgZS7Tj/file.html
Your zippyshare link is just trashy ,sorry , with lots of spams and others publicities, as the principe of cloning others engines.
I can't understand the interest to have 100 stockfish clones.... :?
Ok bye , I go to work on MY weak engine Isa :wink:
Isa download :
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

jpqy wrote:Jose..it's just a asmFish when you compair..

JP.
Oh, Yes, another chance.

Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

BrendanJNorman wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:a person who does not really give a damn about the computer chess community and whose only concern is what he/she can take from it. I am not claiming that this describes you, but you are claiming there is justification for this point of view.

If you knowingly receive stolen goods, does that not make a statement about your moral character?
If you choose to ignore signs that something may have been stolen, does that make receiving the item okay?
Adam,

Most people who use chess engines (chess players, not "computer chess enthusiasts" per say) have no idea that there is such a "computer chess community", so I think it's false and unfair to claim that they do not give a damn about something they're ignorant of.
I am speaking of the people who publicly state on this and/or other computer chess forums that they don't care if an engine is legitimate or not.
Most of them use Stockfish and then perhaps a friend says "get Strelka (or whatever)" and they google it, find Chess Owl or some other site and download it. They have no idea of the background information.
I know this is true. I did not find TalkChess at first when I first started to look for a free chess program to play against.
Even I (who have used engines since around 1999) had no idea until I registered on this forum and felt the intensely hostile response, even for innocent questions.
I have seen little hostility towards innocent questions.
It is very easy to buy/download an engine without being a member of talkchess, or keeping up to date with witchhunts for the latest suspected clone.
Again, I do know that. I was referring to those who do have an inkling of the facts.
I got some idea a couple years ago when I downloaded an engine from Ed's site and was redirected to a page talking about Rybka being unfairly accused - would this mean that Ed doesn't give a damn about the community he gave his life to?
It is quite a twist in logic to connect my respose to you to Ed's position on Rybka.
Probably not, he probably was more interested in fairness which is basically the position I was pushing as well.
Ed was/is interested in fairness. He also dislikes undeclared clones and close derivatives.
I'm beginning to get the impression (and sad disappointment) that the "computer chess community" is a very unfriendly, cold place, where chessplayers curious about engines need to walk on eggshells to avoid abuse or negativity.

I'll think I'll have to opt out of this site in future. Enjoy your time fellas.
My opinion of this place differs from yours. I can see how you can get a cold shoulder here if you declare that the end user, even when they know an engine is not what the "author" claims it to be, bears no responsibilty. After all, this is the place where authors and enthusiasts intersect and interact.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

shrapnel wrote:
BrendanJNorman wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:a person who does not really give a damn about the computer chess community and whose only concern is what he/she can take from it. I am not claiming that this describes you, but you are claiming there is justification for this point of view.

If you knowingly receive stolen goods, does that not make a statement about your moral character?
If you choose to ignore signs that something may have been stolen, does that make receiving the item okay?
Adam,

Most people who use chess engines (chess players, not "computer chess enthusiasts" per say) have no idea that there is such a "computer chess community", so I think it's false and unfair to claim that they do not give a damn about something they're ignorant of.

Most of them use Stockfish and then perhaps a friend says "get Strelka (or whatever)" and they google it, find Chess Owl or some other site and download it. They have no idea of the background information.

Even I (who have used engines since around 1999) had no idea until I registered on this forum and felt the intensely hostile response, even for innocent questions.

It is very easy to buy/download an engine without being a member of talkchess, or keeping up to date with witchhunts for the latest suspected clone.

I got some idea a couple years ago when I downloaded an engine from Ed's site and was redirected to a page talking about Rybka being unfairly accused - would this mean that Ed doesn't give a damn about the community he gave his life to?

Probably not, he probably was more interested in fairness which is basically the position I was pushing as well.

I'm beginning to get the impression (and sad disappointment) that the "computer chess community" is a very unfriendly, cold place, where chessplayers curious about engines need to walk on eggshells to avoid abuse or negativity.

I'll think I'll have to opt out of this site in future. Enjoy your time fellas.
Please don't go away, Norman, your Posts are very good and enlightening.
Mostly a bunch of narrow-minded Bigots here, who are unable to appreciate any viewpoint which is even slightly different from their own. In fact, I sometimes wonder how some of these guys get along with people in their real lives (if any ! ).
This site seems to be only for chess programmers and I'm not one. Only my fascination for computer chess (just a Hobby) brings me back sometimes, to this site of cold, unfriendly people.
Anil,
If you find this place cold and unfriendly, I suggest that you read over your posts to discover why that might be so. Start here:
shrapnel wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:This one has no open source, and they disguise what they do.
Who carez ? Very strong Engine, easily beats Stockfish, Komodo and Houdini !
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

velmarin wrote:
jpqy wrote:Jose..it's just a asmFish when you compair..

JP.
Oh, Yes, another chance.

Yep, so this is a great choice of an engine, if you want a copy of asmfish that runs slower! Please stop supporting these guys. They waste your time and steal credit from hard working programmers.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

mjlef wrote:
Yep, so this is a great choice of an engine, if you want a copy of asmfish that runs slower! Please stop supporting these guys. They waste your time and steal credit from hard working programmers.
My Friend, I do not support this project.
I just put the evidence.
Looking the other way does not fix anything.
You are here to make money, do not be a moralist. :wink:
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

velmarin wrote:
mjlef wrote:
I just put the evidence.
"do not be a moralist"???? We should all act with morality. I assume you just do not really know about me. I was saying the same things long before I made a penny off of computer chess, and I will continue saying the same things in the future when I no longer make money from it. I started the chess programming wiki. I am the programmers representative for ICGA. I have worked with great chess programmers and for all of that I have never peen paid anything at all. I love computer chess and will do all that I can to save it, including calling out the program thieves.

Maybe you should be a little more moral too.

Mark
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

mjlef wrote:
velmarin wrote:
mjlef wrote:
I just put the evidence.
"do not be a moralist"???? We should all act with morality. I assume you just do not really know about me. I was saying the same things long before I made a penny off of computer chess, and I will continue saying the same things in the future when I no longer make money from it. I started the chess programming wiki. I am the programmers representative for ICGA. I have worked with great chess programmers and for all of that I have never peen paid anything at all. I love computer chess and will do all that I can to save it, including calling out the program thieves.

Mark
So why do not you check my posts in this thread.
I think I've only submitted evidence that this is a derivative or clone Stockfish, with no code delivered.
Because you attacked me.
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

velmarin wrote:
mjlef wrote:
velmarin wrote:
mjlef wrote:
I just put the evidence.

Mark
So why do not you check my posts in this thread.
I think I've only submitted evidence that this is a derivative or clone Stockfish, with no code delivered.
Because you attacked me.
I never said anything to attack you, and I have read all your posts so far in this thread. And I welcome exposing Synapse as a clone.
fantasmadel50

Re: DEEP SYNAPZE

Post by fantasmadel50 »

fantasmadel50 wrote:Alguien tiene datos sobre este motor ? Se que las ultimas versiones son la 6 y 6.5. Alguien sabe cual es la mejor entre ellas.? Anyone have data on this engine? I know the latest versions are 6 and 6.5. Does anyone know which one is the best among them?
Cuál de las versiones es más fuerte? Which version is stronger?