With websites, emails, and downloads will be more changes?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jplchess

With websites, emails, and downloads will be more changes?

Post by jplchess »

With the combined knowledge of websites, emails, and downloads will there be more DRASTIC changes in software?
Any more improves with SF 8?
Jonathan Lee
cdani

Re: With websites, emails, and downloads will be more change

Post by cdani »

I'm not sure to understand you, but I think you mean if Stockfish will improve a lot soon. If is this the question, seems that lately is pretty stable, and nothing new and strong seems to come.
Tony P.

Post by Tony P. »

A drastic improvement of Stockfish will require a revamp of the algorithm - the parameters (constants) of the existing algorithm have likely converged to nearly perfect values already because Fishtest allows to test and adjust the values fast.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Tony P. wrote:A drastic improvement of Stockfish will require a revamp of the algorithm - the parameters (constants) of the existing algorithm have likely converged to nearly perfect values already because Fishtest allows to test and adjust the values fast.
Agree that they are pretty close to perfect - I have played around with them and just about any change one makes to the constants is worse. But they keep making progress somehow.