Important announcement: World Computer Chess Championship –

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

cdani

Re: Important announcement: World Computer Chess Championshi

Post by cdani »

Sean Evans wrote: Then enter the program!
Why? I never participate in any tournament, other than when others run Andscacs on them, as I prefer to use the time to make it stronger, or play chess, or whatever. Anyone has his preferences on how to use their own time.
This does not mean that I can change of idea at any moment, of course.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Only engines are allowed to participate that are qualified as being 'original'. That's an asset. So now we know that at least Komodo, Shredder, Hiarcs and Jonny are or were 'original' engines at the time they participated.
Henk

Post by Henk »

cdani wrote:
Sean Evans wrote: Then enter the program!
Why? I never participate in any tournament, other than when others run Andscacs on them, as I prefer to use the time to make it stronger, or play chess, or whatever. Anyone has his preferences on how to use their own time.
This does not mean that I can change of idea at any moment, of course.
We expect Andscacs to be world champion within a few years. Maybe you could use this tournament now as a training to get used to it so participating won't be something new in the future when Andscacs is a really serious candidate for the title.
cdani

Post by cdani »

Henk wrote:We expect Andscacs to be world champion within a few years. Maybe you could use this tournament now as a training to get used to it so participating won't be something new in the future when Andscacs is a really serious candidate for the title.
Many times I don't know if you're being serious or joking or sharp... :-)
Why not let this thread be what is meant to be?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Sean Evans wrote:Speaking of derivatives is Andscacs participating in the tourney? If not, why not?!

Sean
This post needs to go as well.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Graham Banks wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:Speaking of derivatives is Andscacs participating in the tourney? If not, why not?!

Sean
Perhaps it should remain as a monument to Seans stupidity. He will not be troubling us again during this moderation term.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Sean
Perhaps it should remain as a monument to Seans stupidity. He will not be troubling us again during this moderation term.
+1 Amen!
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Henk wrote:Only engines are allowed to participate that are qualified as being 'original'. That's an asset. So now we know that at least Komodo, Shredder, Hiarcs and Jonny are or were 'original' engines at the time they participated.
Not really. All we know is that nobody complained to the organisers and no suspicions were aroused causing an investigation to be held. That is a long way from being positive proof of innocence. However I do believe in the presumption of innocence, so in that respect yes we have to regard them are "original".
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

ICGA should just buy TCEC rights and run a season every year. That's the true WCCC :wink:
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Except that there is nothing to buy. Anyone can run such a 'basement tourney'. It only requires a computer and an internet connection.