New engine: belofte

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
JohnW
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by JohnW » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 pm

Roland Chastain wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:41 pm
Gabor Szots wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:04 pm
Hi Yves,

When I try to download the file it says I am going to download version 0.9.12.
Hello Gabor!

The latest version is here :
https://sourceforge.net/p/belofte/gitre ... t/Release/

Regards.

Roland
Sorry for the dumb question, but is this a uci engine? It won't register in the Fritz gui and in Arena it won't make a move.

Gabor Szots
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by Gabor Szots » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:02 pm

Roland Chastain wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:41 pm
Gabor Szots wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:04 pm
Hi Yves,

When I try to download the file it says I am going to download version 0.9.12.
Hello Gabor!

The latest version is here :
https://sourceforge.net/p/belofte/gitre ... t/Release/

Regards.

Roland
Thanks Roland. Unfortunately I can find no Win64 executable there only a bunch of source files to be downloaded one by one. What am I missing?
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

User avatar
Roland Chastain
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am
Location: France
Full name: Roland Chastain
Contact:

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by Roland Chastain » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:08 pm

Gabor Szots wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:02 pm
Thanks Roland. Unfortunately I can find no Win64 executable there only a bunch of source files to be downloaded one by one. What am I missing?
Indeed, there is only a Win32 binary.
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.

User avatar
Roland Chastain
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am
Location: France
Full name: Roland Chastain
Contact:

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by Roland Chastain » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:10 pm

JohnW wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 pm
Sorry for the dumb question, but is this a uci engine? It won't register in the Fritz gui and in Arena it won't make a move.
Yes, it's an XBoard engine.
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.

Gabor Szots
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by Gabor Szots » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:58 am

Roland Chastain wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:10 pm
JohnW wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 pm
Sorry for the dumb question, but is this a uci engine? It won't register in the Fritz gui and in Arena it won't make a move.
Yes, it's an XBoard engine.
Only, at the site you can read: 'The program interfaces according to the Winboard/Xboard 2 protocol or the
UCI protocol.'
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

User avatar
Roland Chastain
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am
Location: France
Full name: Roland Chastain
Contact:

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by Roland Chastain » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:03 am

Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:58 am
Only, at the site you can read: 'The program interfaces according to the Winboard/Xboard 2 protocol or the
UCI protocol.'
I believe that UCI support is in experimental state. For now, the engine works as an XBoard engine.
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.

ydebilloez
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:01 pm
Location: Lubumbashi
Full name: Yves De Billoëz
Contact:

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by ydebilloez » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:07 am

Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:58 am
Roland Chastain wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:10 pm
JohnW wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 pm
Sorry for the dumb question, but is this a uci engine? It won't register in the Fritz gui and in Arena it won't make a move.
Yes, it's an XBoard engine.
Only, at the site you can read: 'The program interfaces according to the Winboard/Xboard 2 protocol or the
UCI protocol.'
UCI version has its separate executable. I did not generate a Windows UCI executable, only linux 32/64 bit. A Windows UCI version can be generated by compiling with the -DFEATURE_UCI_INTERFACE flag as you can read in the compile.sh script. I am working on a new version that does no longer require to have 2 different executables, one for Winboard and one for UCI.
As UCI is not yet 100% stable, please use WB version. I hope to hava a full UCI supported version in about 1 week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
--
Yves De Billoëz
Yves at macchess.internetcontact.be

Gabor Szots
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by Gabor Szots » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:43 am

When compiling, I get a 700 kB (!) error log file. Some message types:
1. alg1_board.cpp:116:10: error: invalid preprocessing directive #access_urls
#access_urls .btn-set {
2. alg1_board.cpp:118:24: error: exponent has no digits
min-width: 14em;
3. alg1_board.cpp:260:68: error: stray '@' in program
<li><a href="https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops" rel="nofollow">@sfnet_ops</a></li>
4. alg1_board.cpp:1068:21: error: too many decimal points in number
<span>belofte-0.9.14</span>

And so on. Any hints?
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

ydebilloez
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:01 pm
Location: Lubumbashi
Full name: Yves De Billoëz
Contact:

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by ydebilloez » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:59 am

Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:43 am
When compiling, I get a 700 kB (!) error log file. Some message types:
1. alg1_board.cpp:116:10: error: invalid preprocessing directive #access_urls
#access_urls .btn-set {
Dear Gabor,

You seem to compile some html, not the actual source code. I posted the sourcecode in a zip file here:
http://macchess.internetcontact.be/down ... 14-src.zip
In http://macchess.internetcontact.be/downloads/, you can also download the complete binary package for all platforms and all versions.
(http://macchess.internetcontact.be/down ... .14.tar.gz)

Normally, you should be able to compile with DevC++ (project file is in sourceforge repository) or with GNU C++ (g++).
Below: 32 / 64 bit with UCI or WB:
g++ -m64 -O3 -Dpthread ../src/*.cpp -pthread -s -o ../dist/Release/Linux-x86_64/belofte-current -lstdc++ -fno-pie -no-pie
g++ -m64 -O3 -Dpthread -DFEATURE_UCI_INTERFACE ../src/*.cpp -pthread -s -o ../dist/Release/Linux-x86_64/belofte-uci-current -lstdc++ -fno-pie -no-pie
g++ -m32 -O3 -Dpthread ../src/*.cpp -pthread -s -o ../dist/Release/Linux-x86/belofte-current -lstdc++ -fno-pie -no-pie
g++ -m32 -O3 -Dpthread -DFEATURE_UCI_INTERFACE ../src/*.cpp -pthread -s -o ../dist/Release/Linux-x86/belofte-uci-current -lstdc++ -fno-pie -no-pie

Regards,
--
Yves De Billoëz
Yves at macchess.internetcontact.be

Gabor Szots
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: New engine: belofte

Post by Gabor Szots » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:05 am

ydebilloez wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:59 am
Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:43 am
When compiling, I get a 700 kB (!) error log file. Some message types:
1. alg1_board.cpp:116:10: error: invalid preprocessing directive #access_urls
#access_urls .btn-set {
Dear Gabor,

You seem to compile some html, not the actual source code. I posted the sourcecode in a zip file here:
http://macchess.internetcontact.be/down ... 14-src.zip
In http://macchess.internetcontact.be/downloads/, you can also download the complete binary package for all platforms and all versions.
(http://macchess.internetcontact.be/down ... .14.tar.gz)

Normally, you should be able to compile with DevC++ (project file is in sourceforge repository) or with GNU C++ (g++).
Below: 32 / 64 bit with UCI or WB:
g++ -m64 -O3 -Dpthread ../src/*.cpp -pthread -s -o ../dist/Release/Linux-x86_64/belofte-current -lstdc++ -fno-pie -no-pie
g++ -m64 -O3 -Dpthread -DFEATURE_UCI_INTERFACE ../src/*.cpp -pthread -s -o ../dist/Release/Linux-x86_64/belofte-uci-current -lstdc++ -fno-pie -no-pie
g++ -m32 -O3 -Dpthread ../src/*.cpp -pthread -s -o ../dist/Release/Linux-x86/belofte-current -lstdc++ -fno-pie -no-pie
g++ -m32 -O3 -Dpthread -DFEATURE_UCI_INTERFACE ../src/*.cpp -pthread -s -o ../dist/Release/Linux-x86/belofte-uci-current -lstdc++ -fno-pie -no-pie

Regards,
Hi Yves,

I seem to have lost my way among the various files in your site. Thanks for the detailed explanation, I'm going to try them and won't bother you any more.

EDIT: Success! :D
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

Post Reply