A feature request for Droidfish and a question about Komodo

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

h1a8

A feature request for Droidfish and a question about Komodo

Post by h1a8 »

1. I enjoy Droidfish a lot. I just wish I could drag and drop the pieces when I move (like on Stockfish for iOS). Can this feature be implemented in android?

2. Also, any news update on Komodo for iOS? You guys thinking about Maybe including it with a GUI exactly like the Stockfish app, but with the features of Droidfish (multiple arrows for analysis)?

The sole reason I purchased iPad Pro 10.5 was for chess analysis (hoping for Komodo or at least an updated 64bit Stockfish engine for either Stockfish or smallfish). Otherwise I would have gotten the $300 IPad instead lol and continue to use my android phone for analysis. Right now my iPad Pro 10.5 is collecting dust.
kinderchocolate
Full name: Ted Wong

Re: A feature request for Droidfish and a question about Kom

Post by kinderchocolate »

Hint: All iOS apps must be 64 bits. Any 32 bits apps are now forbidden by Apple.

https://www.cultofmac.com/464817/apple- ... -ios-apps/
h1a8

Re: A feature request for Droidfish and a question about Kom

Post by h1a8 »

kinderchocolate wrote:Hint: All iOS apps must be 64 bits. Any 32 bits apps are now forbidden by Apple.

https://www.cultofmac.com/464817/apple- ... -ios-apps/

Ok cool. Sorry about that then.
Why does SmallChess pro take so long to reache a depth of 14 in the start position when analyzing? When I use Stockfish app instead it reaches depth 20 in very little time.

That's why I thought SmallChess used32bit instead of 64bit. Unless smallchess is using 1 core instead of 2.

Edit. I see now. SmallChess doesn't use the Stockfish engine. Well I wish I would have known this beforehand. Any plans to incorporate Stockfish (as an option to SmallChess)?