Is my new signature legal?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rodolfo Leoni

Is my new signature legal?

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

I'm just too enthusiast of this site by Ortwin Paetzold. I discovered again the pleasure of playing chess after a lot of years.

I'd keep this signature if I'm not breaking any rule. Server is free so it's not commercial advertising, but I'd ask to someone who's more expert than me if I should delete it.

Thanks.
Rodolfo
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: Is my new signature legal?

Post by Guenther »

Rodolfo Leoni wrote:I'm just too enthusiast of this site by Ortwin Paetzold. I discovered again the pleasure of playing chess after a lot of years.

I'd keep this signature if I'm not breaking any rule. Server is free so it's not commercial advertising, but I'd ask to someone who's more expert than me if I should delete it.

Thanks.
Rodolfo
I hope you already know Lichess?

Guenther
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Rodolfo Leoni

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

Guenther wrote:
Rodolfo Leoni wrote:I'm just too enthusiast of this site by Ortwin Paetzold. I discovered again the pleasure of playing chess after a lot of years.

Thanks.
Rodolfo

Guenther
Thanks Guenther, I didn't know it. :)
Seemingly, it's blitz... I like to think at what I do. And, of course, I'm enjoying Daniel's SF savehash with its PHs feature.
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Rodolfo Leoni wrote:
Guenther wrote:

Thanks.
Rodolfo

Guenther
Seemingly, it's blitz... I like to think at what I do. And, of course, I'm enjoying Daniel's SF savehash with its PHs feature.
Oh, I thought with 'pleasure of playing chess' you meant playing yourself again too.
(in Human only online games slow time controls are nearly dead because of cheating)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Rodolfo Leoni

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

Guenther wrote:
Rodolfo Leoni wrote:
Guenther wrote:

Thanks.
Rodolfo

Guenther
Oh, I thought with 'pleasure of playing chess' you meant playing yourself again too.
(in Human only online games slow time controls are nearly dead because of cheating)
I't pleasure of playing with help of an engine, as everybody does. :)
It's how to manage the PH feature that makes it interesting the most.
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
Vladimir Xern

Post by Vladimir Xern »

Hi, Rodolfo.

I enjoy playing there very much as well, and I've seen your name pop up in new tournaments. It's very clean.

I also play on FICGS because the tournaments are divided by rating classes. The new tournaments on LSS are seemingly mostly filled with 700-1000 rated players who prefer not to use engines, and I'd rather let them have their fun while I face similarly-leveled competition. FICGS also has thematic tournaments and other games which LSS lacks. Nevertheless, I really prefer the look of the LSS website.
Rodolfo Leoni

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

Vladimir Xern wrote:Hi, Rodolfo.

I enjoy playing there very much as well, and I've seen your name pop up in new tournaments. It's very clean.

I also play on FICGS because the tournaments are divided by rating classes. The new tournaments on LSS are seemingly mostly filled with 700-1000 rated players who prefer not to use engines, and I'd rather let them have their fun while I face similarly-leveled competition. FICGS also has thematic tournaments and other games which LSS lacks. Nevertheless, I really prefer the look of the LSS website.
Thanks for your tip, Vladimir. I'll try FICGS too. :)

As first tournament I started an open. There were two 800 rated players, one 1600, one 2020 and me. Games went fast enough and I completed all games there. I started a class tournament too and I saw two ICCF IMs with low ELO subscribed. It looks the use of engines equalizes players level. I'll be curious to try the "no engine tournament", just to see some "humans".

I'm also playing a two games match against an "ICCF SIM". Very aggressive player, but a bit old-fashioned in the engines age. Funny games, anyway. :)

LSS site design is great. Intuitive, simple, many languages. It's one of the reasons I like it very much.
F.S.I. Chess Teacher