Complete King's Indian: 6 testsets

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jeroen

Complete King's Indian: 6 testsets

Post by Jeroen »

Hi all,

I have completed my 6 testsets in the King's Indian and offer them as a free download below. The testsets are based on the series Kotronias on The King's Indian volume 1 through 5. I.e. the sets focus on the main lines given in these 5 books.

A short description of the 6 testsets:

* Noomen KI Fianchetto Systems 2017 => covers the systems in which white plays g2-g3;
* Noomen KI Mar del Plata Testsuite 2017 => covers the Mar del Plata main lines with 9.Ne1 and Taimanov's 9.Bd2;
* Noomen KI Mar del Plata II Testsuite 2017 => covers the Bayonet attack 9.b4 and 9.Nd2;
* Noomen KI Classical Systems 2017 => covers the Averbakh, Makogonov, Petrosian, Gligoric, Karpov and a few other systems;
* Noomen KI Samisch 2017 => covers the Samisch, focus is on the 6.Be3 c5 system (but the other systems are covered as well);
* Noomen KI Rare Lines 2017 => covers the Four Pawns attack, the Seirawan system, Smyslov-Inkiov system, 3.f3, Bg5 systems, h3 systems and a few others.

In my view the King's Indian is a great fighting opening; it is complicated, sometimes even murky and - most important - engines are often way too optimistic about white's chances.

Enjoy testing!

Download, see:

http://blogchess2016.blogspot.nl/2017/0 ... tsets.html
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Re: Complete King's Indian: 6 testsets

Post by peter »

Thanks a lot, Jeroen
:!:
Peter.
royb

Post by royb »

peter wrote:Thanks a lot, Jeroen
:!:
+1

Thanks very much Jeroen!!
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

Jeroen wrote:Hi all,

I have completed my 6 testsets in the King's Indian and offer them as a free download below. The testsets are based on the series Kotronias on The King's Indian volume 1 through 5. I.e. the sets focus on the main lines given in these 5 books.

A short description of the 6 testsets:

* Noomen KI Fianchetto Systems 2017 => covers the systems in which white plays g2-g3;
* Noomen KI Mar del Plata Testsuite 2017 => covers the Mar del Plata main lines with 9.Ne1 and Taimanov's 9.Bd2;
* Noomen KI Mar del Plata II Testsuite 2017 => covers the Bayonet attack 9.b4 and 9.Nd2;
* Noomen KI Classical Systems 2017 => covers the Averbakh, Makogonov, Petrosian, Gligoric, Karpov and a few other systems;
* Noomen KI Samisch 2017 => covers the Samisch, focus is on the 6.Be3 c5 system (but the other systems are covered as well);
* Noomen KI Rare Lines 2017 => covers the Four Pawns attack, the Seirawan system, Smyslov-Inkiov system, 3.f3, Bg5 systems, h3 systems and a few others.

In my view the King's Indian is a great fighting opening; it is complicated, sometimes even murky and - most important - engines are often way too optimistic about white's chances.

Enjoy testing!

Download, see:

http://blogchess2016.blogspot.nl/2017/0 ... tsets.html
you should also sometime do King's Indian for white: will be also quite interesting, but will provide larger options to employ the KID with both colours.
tpoppins

Post by tpoppins »

Running an LTC match for the first set here:
Noomen KI Fianchetto H6.02 vs. K11.2.2 30m+30s 16-core

Thank you for the collection, Jeroen.