Chess and Cognac

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
fern

Chess and Cognac

Post by fern » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Clearly this site by Norman Brandon is the very best chess site of Internet all around the globe. Almost too many features. Engines to download, reviews, photos, lessons, tips, histories, etc, etc.
Very impressive.

Fern

AdminX

Re: Chess and Cognac

Post by AdminX » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 pm

fern wrote:Clearly this site by Norman Brandon is the very best chess site of Internet all around the globe. Almost too many features. Engines to download, reviews, photos, lessons, tips, histories, etc, etc.
Very impressive.

Fern
I like it too Fern! :wink: Made me a fan of Rodent as well.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 am

fern wrote:Clearly this site by Norman Brandon is the very best chess site of Internet all around the globe. Almost too many features. Engines to download, reviews, photos, lessons, tips, histories, etc, etc.
Very impressive.

Fern
Thank you Fern.

These words coming from you are very humbling.

I appreciate it.

Indeed, since I've been neglected CnC a little, due to being really busy with my work here in China, I've received dozens of emails from readers of CnC saying much the same thing.

Quite touching and motivates me.

I have so many ideas and plans for CnC coming very soon.

I created the site to share what I personally like in chess (plus use those ideas to teach), and I'm happy that there are lots of people who share my interests in chess.

BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 am

AdminX wrote:
Very impressive.

Fern
I like it too Fern! :wink: Made me a fan of Rodent as well.
Thanks Ted.

Indeed, as a proponent of style over Elo, or Aesthetics over Science, I feel that the greatest engines ever made are (in no particular order):]

- Rodent
- ProDeo
- Thinker

There are literally hundreds of others, but these guys are ones that, if I wasn't told that it's an engine, and I played it on ICC, I'd think "I wonder which GM this is!" not "This guy is using an engine!".

This difference is what has always drawn me to CC.

The cloning of typical human decision making in chess.

Not a search for perfection.

gbtami

Post by gbtami » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:42 am

BrendanJNorman wrote:
Very impressive.

Fern
Thank you Fern.

These words coming from you are very humbling.

I appreciate it.

Indeed, since I've been neglected CnC a little, due to being really busy with my work here in China, I've received dozens of emails from readers of CnC saying much the same thing.

Quite touching and motivates me.

I have so many ideas and plans for CnC coming very soon.

I created the site to share what I personally like in chess (plus use those ideas to teach), and I'm happy that there are lots of people who share my interests in chess.
Wow! This site is a golden mine for chess lovers. Thank you very much Brendan!
And thx to Fernando for writing about it!

duncan

Post by duncan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:38 am

Very impressive.

Fern
agreed. a site to be proud of.

Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Very impressive.

Fern
Your site is a treasure trove, Brendan. Well done!
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

noctiferus

Post by noctiferus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:22 pm

A single word: WWWonderful!

MikeGL

Post by MikeGL » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Very impressive.

Fern
Thanks for this info, page is very nice.

Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Very impressive.

Fern

I went to this site and love the content. However, downloads do not work for me, even after following all instructions, very annoying! I sent and e-mail to support with no reply. :?: