Skipper zero : no progress

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Henk
Posts: 6381
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

Skipper zero : no progress

Post by Henk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Result after two hours training on this simple endgame. Bit disappointing.

[pgn]
[FEN "3qk3/8/8/8/8/8/8/4K3 w - - 0 1"]
1. Ke1-f1 { 0.300 0.01 } { }
1. Qd8-d3 { 0.345 0.01 } { }
2. Kf1-g1 { 0.369 0.01 } { }
2. Qd3-d2 { 0.413 0.01 } { }
3. Kg1-f1 { 0.362 0.01 } { }
3. Qd2-f2 { 0.299 0.01 } { }
4. Kf1-f2 { 0.335 0.01 } { }
[/pgn]


Or its a slow learner. Or there are some bugs.

Michael Sherwin
Posts: 3196
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 1:00 am
Location: WY, USA
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Re: Skipper zero : no progress

Post by Michael Sherwin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:11 am

Your humor is drier than mine and that is something that I can appreciate. :lol:
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through

Michael Sherwin
Posts: 3196
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 1:00 am
Location: WY, USA
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Re: Skipper zero : no progress

Post by Michael Sherwin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:17 am

I have a question for you Henk. My mother always claimed that she was Pennsylvania Dutch. Her last name is/was Conrad. So in your opinion was she Dutch or was she German? Or not enough information?
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through

elpapa
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Sweden
Full name: Patrik Karlsson

Re: Skipper zero : no progress

Post by elpapa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:37 am

Henk wrote:Result after two hours training on this simple endgame. Bit disappointing.

[pgn]
[FEN "3qk3/8/8/8/8/8/8/4K3 w - - 0 1"]
1. Ke1-f1 { 0.300 0.01 } { }
1. Qd8-d3 { 0.345 0.01 } { }
2. Kf1-g1 { 0.369 0.01 } { }
2. Qd3-d2 { 0.413 0.01 } { }
3. Kg1-f1 { 0.362 0.01 } { }
3. Qd2-f2 { 0.299 0.01 } { }
4. Kf1-f2 { 0.335 0.01 } { }
[/pgn]


Or its a slow learner. Or there are some bugs.
Yeah, could be a bug. Or maybe you just need 5,000 TPUs.

Henk
Posts: 6381
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

Re: Skipper zero : no progress

Post by Henk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:51 am

Michael Sherwin wrote:I have a question for you Henk. My mother always claimed that she was Pennsylvania Dutch. Her last name is/was Conrad. So in your opinion was she Dutch or was she German? Or not enough information?
Don't understand link between Pennsylvania and the Dutch. Conrad does not sound like a Dutch name.

A Distel
Posts: 3360
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: Skipper zero : no progress

Post by A Distel » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:13 am

Henk wrote:
Michael Sherwin wrote:I have a question for you Henk. My mother always claimed that she was Pennsylvania Dutch. Her last name is/was Conrad. So in your opinion was she Dutch or was she German? Or not enough information?
Don't understand link between Pennsylvania and the Dutch. Conrad does not sound like a Dutch name.
Conrad = Americanized spelling of German Konrad. It is derived from the Proto-Germanic name Konrad, from conja meaning bold and rad counsel. It was the name of a 10th-century bishop of Constance, and became popular in post-medieval English and post-medieval French. It regained popularity in the English-speaking world in the 19th century. It is recorded as a surname as early as 1297.

https://www.genealogytoday.com/surname/ ... ame=Conrad
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros

Daniel Anulliero
Posts: 703
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: Nice

Re: Skipper zero : no progress

Post by Daniel Anulliero » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:41 am

Henk wrote:Result after two hours training on this simple endgame. Bit disappointing.

[pgn]
[FEN "3qk3/8/8/8/8/8/8/4K3 w - - 0 1"]
1. Ke1-f1 { 0.300 0.01 } { }
1. Qd8-d3 { 0.345 0.01 } { }
2. Kf1-g1 { 0.369 0.01 } { }
2. Qd3-d2 { 0.413 0.01 } { }
3. Kg1-f1 { 0.362 0.01 } { }
3. Qd2-f2 { 0.299 0.01 } { }
4. Kf1-f2 { 0.335 0.01 } { }
[/pgn]


Or its a slow learner. Or there are some bugs.
Skipper zero progress part I :lol:

User avatar
gbtami
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:29 am
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Skipper zero : no progress

Post by gbtami » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Michael Sherwin wrote:Your humor is drier than mine and that is something that I can appreciate. :lol:
+1 :D

syzygy
Posts: 4577
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Re: Skipper zero : no progress

Post by syzygy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Michael Sherwin wrote:I have a question for you Henk. My mother always claimed that she was Pennsylvania Dutch. Her last name is/was Conrad. So in your opinion was she Dutch or was she German? Or not enough information?
The Pennsylvania Dutch are German ("Deutsch") rather than Dutch.

Henk
Posts: 6381
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

Re: Skipper zero : no progress

Post by Henk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:34 pm

I only know "Koenraad kleefpasta" of a Pipi Langkous episode.

Post Reply