Komodo 2017 TCEC Blitz Champion

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ulpius

Re: Komodo 2017 TCEC Blitz Champion

Post by Ulpius »

+1
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

David Coyne - Preachin' to the choir my friend....
But if they do within the next couple weeks, I suppose I can wait.

For the life of me I can't understand why they don't make 'experimental versions' (caveat that they ARE experimental) available to subscribers. Clearly engine-heads love to test themselves.

I'm thinking this 'subscription' may be my last. :cry:
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Uri Blass wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:It's very nice, that the long time control was won by Houdini, whilst the rapid was won by Stockfish, and Komodo just about came first in the blitz. So each one had its share.
However, being that I was hoping most for Komodo, it doesn't really interest me that it just about scraped by in Blitz, and what i really would like to see is that it would come top in the long time control tournaments and TCEC.

Komodo was meant to be a knowledge genius, i believe. And Houdini seems to be a great common sense programming, and SF? many things together I suppose (which they all are as well). Or tactical?
Note that Houdini did not perform better than stockfish at LTC

Stockfish got 19/23 at stage 1 and 18/28 at stage II
houdini got 16.5/23 at stage 1 and 18.5/28 at stage II

Total number of points were 37/51 for stockfish and 35/51 for houdini
but for some reason the points at stage 1 are not counted when you decide which program promote to the super final.

I think that it is a mistake and with a fair system we could see a super final between stockfish and Komodo.
Very interesting proposal.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Uri Blass wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:It's very nice, that the long time control was won by Houdini, whilst the rapid was won by Stockfish, and Komodo just about came first in the blitz. So each one had its share.
However, being that I was hoping most for Komodo, it doesn't really interest me that it just about scraped by in Blitz, and what i really would like to see is that it would come top in the long time control tournaments and TCEC.

Komodo was meant to be a knowledge genius, i believe. And Houdini seems to be a great common sense programming, and SF? many things together I suppose (which they all are as well). Or tactical?
Note that Houdini did not perform better than stockfish at LTC

Stockfish got 19/23 at stage 1 and 18/28 at stage II
houdini got 16.5/23 at stage 1 and 18.5/28 at stage II

Total number of points were 37/51 for stockfish and 35/51 for houdini
but for some reason the points at stage 1 are not counted when you decide which program promote to the super final.

I think that it is a mistake and with a fair system we could see a super final between stockfish and Komodo.
What, 'tcec' and 'fair' in the same conversation? :roll: