cutechess gui build

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Carlos777

Re: cutechess gui build

Post by Carlos777 »

Has stop/resume tournament option been implemented already?
tpoppins

Post by tpoppins »

Not yet. ETA: three to five years.
Tirsa Poppins
CCRL
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

A shame that development has almost stopped on it. I've only recently tried it out for the first time, and the concurrency feature is amazing.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Modern Times wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:10 pm A shame that development has almost stopped on it. I've only recently tried it out for the first time, and the concurrency feature is amazing.
Well, it is a great spare time project and if main developers cannot spend more time, we cannot blame them.
(cutechess-cli is also great, but a GUI needs much more time)

We are still free to fork it ;-)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Guenther wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:31 pm
Well, it is a great spare time project and if main developers cannot spend more time, we cannot blame them.
(cutechess-cli is also great, but a GUI needs much more time)
Yes good point, they probably have lives outside chess :D
odyn1982
Full name: Mariusz Jankowski

Post by odyn1982 »

Hi.
How do I turn on the sound notification of a new chess engine move in a program when I play against it? Is there any solution, e.g. in the form of another screen monitoring program?
I am asking for help and tips.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Please write what is the latest version of the program cutechess gui. Can you ask for the latest version of the program cutechess gui. Thank you in advance.
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

There is a new version here: https://rwbc-chess.de/download.htm, by Günther Simon (Cli and GUI). Changes in the attached changes.txt.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Raphexon
Full name: Henk Drost

Post by Raphexon »

Gabor Szots wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:56 pm There is a new version here: https://rwbc-chess.de/download.htm, by Günther Simon (Cli and GUI). Changes in the attached changes.txt.
Thank you very much for sharing.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Laskos wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:07 am
PaulieD wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:37 am I am grateful for the work done on CuteChess GUI. Is it possible to have 2 different time controls for each engine in a match?

IE
Engine A 5' 3"
Engine B 4' 2"
If it will have separate TC, depth, nodes in games for each engine, I will start using the GUI. I haven't used GUI (I used only CLI version) precisely because of this shortcoming of the GUI.
I just started using the cli version this week and I actually like it better. Since I'm constantly adding engines it's much quicker in the cli version - plus it has true RR when all engines play the same position each round , I was surprised at this shortcoming in the GUI as I assumed it was doing that along without ever checking it. Set POLICY=round in cli - not available in the GUI version.

Edit - I use my own bash scripts to avoid using a json file - maintaining a json file is not the way to go.