Komodo updates Sub

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mjlef

Re: Komodo updates Sub

Post by mjlef »

Ovyron wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Subscription schemes like this always seem to cause more problems than is worthwhile for your health. Perhaps you should consider scrapping it.
What about making it "number of releases" instead of time period? Say, people know they'll get the next 4 updates, they will not know when, but they will not be frustrated on the years with fewer releases.
Interesting idea. I will discuss it with Larry.
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

Ovyron wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Subscription schemes like this always seem to cause more problems than is worthwhile for your health. Perhaps you should consider scrapping it.
What about making it "number of releases" instead of time period? Say, people know they'll get the next 4 updates, they will not know when, but they will not be frustrated on the years with fewer releases.
That would end with all the complains and the "lucky factor". You know exactly what you'll get, fair for everyone.
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
Hurnavich

Post by Hurnavich »

This seems ridiculous that could go either way 1 release a year over 4 years for eg, or 4 releases in 6 months unlikely but with a time frame you know you get min 3 or a part refund as per contract.

All that does is takes the pressure of K team delivering to a time scale that been the case it would not be of interest to myself.[/quote]
"May your next game be your best"
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Hurnavich wrote:
This seems ridiculous that could go either way 1 release a year over 4 years for eg, or 4 releases in 6 months unlikely but with a time frame you know you get min 3 or a part refund as per contract.

All that does is takes the pressure of K team delivering to a time scale that been the case it would not be of interest myself.
It would be an added option, people happy with the current model would still be able to make use of it.
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.
stagehand

Post by stagehand »

Maybe a silly question but during the last TCEC event I think Komodo was updated (or changed) a couple of times I think, could not one have been put out for the people who had sub's
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

Mark acknowledged that K11.2.2 contempt value of 0 is not optimal against SF Dev anymore. I'm using -5 until new version release.

Mark confirmed that K is able to squeeze out more draws against SF Dev with slight negative value.

Considering it's 7 months since last release.
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

By the way Chess960 with material odds should be tried out. Maybe human opponent need more odds because of unfamiliarity / unaccustomed.

https://www.change.org/p/peter-doggers- ... o-computer