Hedgehog

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Kotlov
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:23 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Hedgehog

Post by Kotlov » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:06 pm

sovaz1997 wrote:Главное - результат. Оптимизация - очень важная вещь, все правильно делаете ;)
Ещё успеете добавить эвристики.
Тут скорее не оптимизация. Просто не хочу (и не имею интеллектуального права) добавлять то, чего я до конца не понимаю как работает. Ну а то, с чем полностью разобрался и осознал, конечно, хочется причесать по полной. Людям, страдающим перфекционизмом головного мозга, очень тяжело двигаться дальше ))
Eugene Kotlov
Hedgehog 1.9 64-bit

User avatar
CMCanavessi
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Hedgehog

Post by CMCanavessi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:44 pm

Kotlov wrote:
CMCanavessi wrote:Eugene, I'm running a gauntlet vs 16 other engines and Hedgehog is losing on time too much. That wasn't happening with 1.804.

It has already lost on time like 5 times in 20 matches. Maybe you need to check something?
Hmm... I dont know, my tests were successful ((


P.S.
At the moment:
Hedgehog_1805 - Gunborg1.35_w64 : 4,0/7 3-2-2 (101=0=1)

and no problem with time
The TC I'm using is 1 minute + 1 second, and I'm using Arena. Maybe you can test that setup?
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls

User avatar
CMCanavessi
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Hedgehog

Post by CMCanavessi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:50 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image


Some examples
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls

User avatar
Kotlov
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:23 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Hedgehog

Post by Kotlov » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:53 pm

CMCanavessi wrote:
Kotlov wrote:
CMCanavessi wrote:Eugene, I'm running a gauntlet vs 16 other engines and Hedgehog is losing on time too much. That wasn't happening with 1.804.

It has already lost on time like 5 times in 20 matches. Maybe you need to check something?
Hmm... I dont know, my tests were successful ((


P.S.
At the moment:
Hedgehog_1805 - Gunborg1.35_w64 : 4,0/7 3-2-2 (101=0=1)

and no problem with time
The TC I'm using is 1 minute + 1 second, and I'm using Arena. Maybe you can test that setup?

Code: Select all

   Engine          Score  He Gu    S-B
1: Hedgehog_1805   1,0/2   10    1,00
1: Gunborg1.35_w64 1,0/2  01     1,00

2 of 1000 games played
Name of the tournament: tour.at
Site/ Country: DESKTOP-TJV71V7, Russia
Level: Blitz 1/1
Hardware: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor with 2,0 GB Memory
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro Professional (Build 9200) 64 bit

for all time of tests I have never seen a loss on time.
Eugene Kotlov
Hedgehog 1.9 64-bit

User avatar
Kotlov
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:23 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Hedgehog

Post by Kotlov » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Eugene Kotlov
Hedgehog 1.9 64-bit

User avatar
CMCanavessi
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Hedgehog

Post by CMCanavessi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:10 am

Eugene, I'm still getting problems with time forfeits. I made a gauntlet of 96 games, and Hedgehog lost on time 20+ times:

Code: Select all

================ENDGAME================ 
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
Maybe you need some kind of a bigger time buffer?
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls

User avatar
Kotlov
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:23 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Hedgehog

Post by Kotlov » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 am

CMCanavessi wrote: Maybe you need some kind of a bigger time buffer?
I have no idea why.
Eugene Kotlov
Hedgehog 1.9 64-bit

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 2411
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Hedgehog

Post by Guenther » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 am

CMCanavessi wrote:
Eugene, I'm still getting problems with time forfeits. I made a gauntlet of 96 games, and Hedgehog lost on time 20+ times:

Code: Select all

================ENDGAME================ 
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
054 - Hedgehog 1.806 Gauntlet.pgn:[Termination "time forfeit"]
Maybe you need some kind of a bigger time buffer?
Do you have debugs? (otherwise we won't know if it is one of those arena
problems or a real problem of the engine)
Is this played with restarting (the engine) each time?

User avatar
CMCanavessi
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Hedgehog

Post by CMCanavessi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:28 pm

It is played with restarting the engine each time, yes.
I don't have debug info, but I could re-run the gauntlet with debug on if needed.

1.804 was working ok though.
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls

User avatar
Kotlov
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:23 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Hedgehog

Post by Kotlov » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm

CMCanavessi wrote:It is played with restarting the engine each time, yes.
I don't have debug info, but I could re-run the gauntlet with debug on if needed.

1.804 was working ok though.
I think I found a malfunction, I will cure it...
Eugene Kotlov
Hedgehog 1.9 64-bit

Post Reply