Banned from TCEC chat

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bnst

Banned from TCEC chat

Post by bnst »

I rarely write anything there and now see that I have been banned permanently. Is this some kind of reversion to Soviet Union and Stalin system ?

No warning about possible wrongdoing, no explanation - just banned.
Must be som 14 year old who finally got some power to abuse.

Regards
anst
Henk

Re: Banned from TCEC chat

Post by Henk »

I remember one of my comments there had also been banned. Can't even remember what it was about. So unimportant it was what I wrote. They are much too strict there.
styx

Post by styx »

Maybe it was a Bot who auto-banned you. In the TCEC Chat you have to be really, really careful what you say.

I was permanently banned for using the word "butthurt" back then when they still had the chatwing system. But it was no moderator, it was a script that banned me. No warning or explanation either.

Don't be angry. It won't change a single thing. Play by their rules or don't use the service. Just register a new account and watch you language.
bnst

Post by bnst »

Thanks for the information.
Obviously free speech is not important on Twitch.
It seems all kind of harassment and dictatorial behaviour is OK for the administrators.

I wrote a complaint to Twitch but I don't think that will help.
I have decided never to use Twitch again and will encourage everybody else to do the same.

Best regards
Andreas
bnst

Post by bnst »

This is clearly a haven for immature mini dictators.
I have decided never to use Twitch again and will recommend others to do the same.
I did a search on Google about Twitch and learned that there are a lot of problems with it that are not adressed.

Best regards
Andreas
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

bnst wrote:I rarely write anything there and now see that I have been banned permanently. Is this some kind of reversion to Soviet Union and Stalin system ?

Regards
anst
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_ ... experiment
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

but did you write anything offensive andreas? if not, it must be some error
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

whereagles wrote:but did you write anything offensive andreas? if not, it must be some error
I wrote about my Maine coon cat "Brownie" and got censored for that. Apparently, there is some double meaning or something.

So you do not have to intentionally write something bad. It can be construed that way by the automatic chat rules in place.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

bnst wrote:I rarely write anything there and now see that I have been banned permanently. Is this some kind of reversion to Soviet Union and Stalin system ?

Regards
anst
You rarely write anything here also.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Regards
anst
If this was a reversion to Stalin's system you would be dead or on your way to being there. On his personal orders.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.