Chess Tools

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Ferdy
Posts: 4113
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Chess Tools

Post by Ferdy » Sun May 27, 2018 3:10 am

mesilikas wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:52 pm
Thanks for your reply Ferdy! I had a different project as a plan when i ask for this: to use lc0 as master and lc0 as slave1 with the same or similiar weights. Then as slave2 to use a tactical strong engine for example stockfish any. So normaly the master lc0 will choose the slave lc0 moves. And if there is a tactical shot slave2 (stockfish) will find it and suggest it to master. What you say Ferdy is ths possible? Thank you again😂
There can be more combinations to experiment depending on your motives. What you said is possible to setup.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Chess Tools

Post by Rebel » Sun May 27, 2018 5:29 am

What does the name Aiquiri mean?

I can find Daiquiri which wouldn't be a bad name at all.
Attachments
daiquiri.jpg
daiquiri.jpg (53.55 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Tibono
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:16 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Chess Tools

Post by Tibono » Sun May 27, 2018 6:13 am

Hi Ed,
AIquiry=Artificial Intelligence cocktail :wink:

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 4790
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Chess Tools

Post by Rebel » Sun May 27, 2018 10:37 am

Tibono wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:13 am
Hi Ed,
AIquiry=Artificial Intelligence cocktail :wink:
Who knows :D

In the meantime I have written a small tool to make the master, slave1, slave2 management more easy.

http://rebel13.nl/dl/setup.zip

Unzip the file into AIquiry folder together with the engines you want to use and start SETUP.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

mesilikas
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:54 am

Re: Chess Tools

Post by mesilikas » Tue May 29, 2018 12:09 pm

Can we have more informations about the aiquiri.cfg file? Can we change parametres to the various engines? For example if i want to set slave2 stockfish any to play at level 10 what is the command line that i must give?

Ferdy
Posts: 4113
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Chess Tools

Post by Ferdy » Tue May 29, 2018 1:22 pm

mesilikas wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:09 pm
Can we have more informations about the aiquiri.cfg file? Can we change parametres to the various engines? For example if i want to set slave2 stockfish any to play at level 10 what is the command line that i must give?

Code: Select all

Stockfish 9 64 POPCNT by T. Romstad, M. Costalba, J. Kiiski, G. Linscott
uci
id name Stockfish 9 64 POPCNT
id author T. Romstad, M. Costalba, J. Kiiski, G. Linscott

option name Debug Log File type string default
option name Contempt type spin default 20 min -100 max 100
option name Threads type spin default 1 min 1 max 512
option name Hash type spin default 16 min 1 max 131072
option name Clear Hash type button
option name Ponder type check default false
option name MultiPV type spin default 1 min 1 max 500
option name Skill Level type spin default 20 min 0 max 20
option name Move Overhead type spin default 30 min 0 max 5000
option name Minimum Thinking Time type spin default 20 min 0 max 5000
option name Slow Mover type spin default 89 min 10 max 1000
option name nodestime type spin default 0 min 0 max 10000
option name UCI_Chess960 type check default false
option name SyzygyPath type string default <empty>
option name SyzygyProbeDepth type spin default 1 min 1 max 100
option name Syzygy50MoveRule type check default true
option name SyzygyProbeLimit type spin default 6 min 0 max 6
uciok
You may use,

Code: Select all

[slave2]
# Stockfish 9
Hash = 128
Threads = 1
Skill Level = 10
Take the parameter name add equal sign and then add the value.

mesilikas
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:54 am

Re: Chess Tools

Post by mesilikas » Tue May 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks again Ferdy :D ! Is there a way to search various options available for each engine?

User avatar
Tibono
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:16 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Chess Tools

Post by Tibono » Tue May 29, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi Mesilikas,

a short & simple way, not depending on the GUI you are using to run engines:
start a command window (cmd.exe), change working directory (cd command) to where your engines are - let's assume Aiquiry directory, then:
- start an engine (for instance: master.exe)
- enter command: uci
- this will display the very similar list of options as shown by Ferdy
- exit the engine, command: quit
then you can run the next engine (slave1, then slave2...) to repeat uci command and read available options.

Hope this helps,
best regards

mesilikas
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:54 am

Re: Chess Tools

Post by mesilikas » Tue May 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Hello Tibono! Thanks for your answer! Yes this helped me. I run an engine via terminal mode and when i type uci i have the main engine options. But seems that i cant configure these options with Aiquiri.cfg. For example Skill Level = 10 for stockfish didn"t change anything. Stockfish engine as a slave continues to analyse at Skill Level 20. Any idea?

mesilikas
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:54 am

Re: Chess Tools

Post by mesilikas » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:06 pm

I want to ask a question ! Seems that i have only questions 😀...
Is there a way to change Cdrill options when i put this engine as a slave engine in aiquiri.cfg file?

Post Reply