The secret of TalkChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: The secret of TalkChess

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: I WILL START calling different people NAMES on the thread, no matter much I like Mark and Larry.
And will continue, until you lock the thread.
But then maybe you will consider banning me?
Yes!

They do not spam threads and answer their own posts constantly.
Harvey Williamson

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: Who are you?
You have written a 1500 chess engine, Fairy-Max, and that is it.
You are precisely NO ONE.
?
This is so funny. You know nothing about the history of Computer Chess. HG has competed in many ICGA and CSVN events. He competes not only in Chess but in other events also. I 1st met him over 10 years ago in Leiden. He is one of the most knowledgeable programmers you could hope to meet. He is also always willing to share that knowledge. So who the hell are you?
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

Yeah, I got mails from both Brendam J. Norman, ChessCognac and a couple of others.
Some have attachments, so I am even afraid to open them.

Here one message: Image

You have multiple emails, just like your accounts, you can send from wherever you want.
Harvey Williamson

Lyudmil,
There is no evidence that Brendan sent that in the same way there is no evidence that the reviews were posted by who you claim they were. I am going to lock this thread as it is pointless to continue this discussion. Please take this as a formal warning that future posts of this nature will not be tolerated.
Best Wishes,
Harvey
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

I still want to clarify some points:

Plain name calling is not the only way to insult people, and thus not the only way to violate the charter. Accusing people of vile deeds that they did not commit at all is just as bad. Lyudmil might not have started name calling, or stooped to that level, but he certainly started to make insulting accusations against many people, including me.

Everyone with half a brain should understand that the names used by a person that changes the name under which he posted a review several times would never be true names, and that anyone who would be afraid to openly admit he wrote the review would never put his name to it in the first place, but use an alias from the very beginning.

The fact that this person changes his name to "Brendan Norman" after Lyudmil falls out with Brendan here, and then changes his name to "H.G.M" when Lyudmil starts to attack the moderators here, makes it almost certain that it is just someone who is trying to stir up trouble here by playing Lyudmil. And Lyudmil allows himself to be played like a fiddle...

It might be interesting to note that I have received more request to ban Lyudmil than to ban Brendan.