Why was Lyudmil banned?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

karger
Full name: John Karger

Re: Why was Lyudmil banned?

Post by karger »

He wanted Talkchess to ban him , now he thinks he is a martyr and a victim. You have given his claims of persecution validity in his own eyes ...
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Sure, his eyes see the whole world in reverse video. But what he thinks is only useful in that it is an almost absolute guarantee that the opposite is true. So it doesn't worry me in the slightest if he has negative thoughts.
karger

Post by karger »

Mr. Muller , Your synopsis is funny and true. Thanks , John Karger
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Just a few comments - as a former moderator here , I can tell you banning anyone was never pleasant. It is a last resort. Although it may appear as punishment , and I guess it is, the real reason to ban someone is to protect the forum from further degradation. Many of you have been here a long time and can recall why the this forum, the first one back in the mid 1990's started in the first place. At the time there was completely uncensored newsgroup called rec.games.chess.computer ( or r.g.c.c for short) and it still exists and it's now about as worthless as used toilet paper - just a lot of people throwing sh*t and all of it sticks.

r.g.c.c
so for those who call for zero censorship , that is what you will eventually get with zero censorship - just look at some off those subject headings....

Being a moderator is about as a thankless job one could have and I do applaud and nod my head in appreciation to the the efforts of Bob, HGM and Harvey very much making this forum still one of the best computer chess forums in the land. Although it is obvious that interest in computer chess has waned considerably since it hey day in the late 90's and early 2000's.
MikeGL

Post by MikeGL »

MikeB wrote:Just a few comments - as a former moderator here , I can tell you banning anyone was never pleasant. It is a last resort. Although it may appear as punishment , and I guess it is, the real reason to ban someone is to protect the forum from further degradation. Many of you have been here a long time and can recall why the this forum, the first one back in the mid 1990's started in the first place. At the time there was completely uncensored newsgroup called rec.games.chess.computer ( or r.g.c.c for short) and it still exists and it's now about as worthless as used toilet paper - just a lot of people throwing sh*t and all of it sticks.

r.g.c.c
so for those who call for zero censorship , that is what you will eventually get with zero censorship - just look at some off those subject headings....

Being a moderator is about as a thankless job one could have and I do applaud and nod my head in appreciation to the the efforts of Bob, HGM and Harvey very much making this forum still one of the best computer chess forums in the land. Although it is obvious that interest in computer chess has waned considerably since it hey day in the late 90's and early 2000's.
+1
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
karger

Post by karger »

Michael B. Thanks for the link ... That forum has degraded into one big bucket of racist hate ... Makes one see the great job the moderators here do ... Thanks to them all , Karger
Cardoso
Full name: Alvaro Cardoso

Post by Cardoso »

+1

Not an easy job being a forum moderator!
Thank you for all the people that helped talkchess being a sound forum.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

I have also served as a moderator.
I will not question the ban.
But I will ask for leniency on the duration.
Lyudmil can be a whinging twit, just like me.
But he is interesting and informative.
He has taught me useful things.

He is not like the random troll, who only seeks attention.

I also ask Lyudmil to consider toning it down a notch when it comes to trying to enforce his opinions.

Just my two cents.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

MikeB wrote:Although it is obvious that interest in computer chess has waned considerably since it hey day in the late 90's and early 2000's.
Strange then that there are way more chess engines being developed today than ever before.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

Dann Corbit wrote: But he is interesting and informative.
He has taught me useful things.
I agree with Dann (but am not questioning the moderators' decisions).