You can run your engine on lichess.org now

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

carldaman

Re: You can run your engine on lichess.org now

Post by carldaman »

Alright, I was able to do it myself after following the instructions linked below:

https://github.com/ShailChoksi/lichess-bot

The problem, as I see it, is that there is no mechanism to pass special parameters to the engine other than standard Hash, Threads and a couple of others in config.yml.

Is there a way to pass additional uci parameters? The config.yml syntax doesn't seem to allow it, but I could be wrong.
gbtami

Post by gbtami »

In "uci_options" section you can add any additional UCI option you like.
config.yml.default is just a skeleton example config file to provide something users can start with.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

gbtami wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:23 am In "uci_options" section you can add any additional UCI option you like.
config.yml.default is just a skeleton example config file to provide something users can start with.
Thanks, I tried it again and and got no more parsing errors.

https://lichess.org/@/Nezh-BOT

Try it yourself and see how you like its playing style. :) It currently plays without any book.
Angrim
Full name: Ben Nye

Post by Angrim »

Does this work on linux? I'm bored and tempted to set up one of my engines on lichess now, probably the atomic variant engine since I've been working on that some recently.

And unrelated, but are the lichess forums locked for new players currently? I thought you just had to play enough to get a stable rating to be able to post, but I'm well past that point and it still says to "play some games" when I go to the forums.