Database of human games with engine evaluations?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

smurfo

Database of human games with engine evaluations?

Post by smurfo »

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find an existing database of human games that includes engine evaluations. I guess that this must have been done before for some small subsample of MegaBase or other large tournament database. Does anyone know if one exists and is publicly available?

I'm not sure if 'Computer Chess Club' is the right place to post this, but then again, I'm not sure where else either!
tpoppins

Re: Database of human games with engine evaluations?

Post by tpoppins »

Chessbase's Live database is the only such db I'm aware of. Regular membership gives you access to it from either Fritz or Chessbase GUIs via Let's Check function; a Premium account is supposed to allow it via your web browser.
Tirsa Poppins
CCRL
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

smurfo wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:22 am Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find an existing database of human games that includes engine evaluations. I guess that this must have been done before for some small subsample of MegaBase or other large tournament database. Does anyone know if one exists and is publicly available?

I'm not sure if 'Computer Chess Club' is the right place to post this, but then again, I'm not sure where else either!
Here are the games from Human World Championship from 1985 to 2010 with ChessGameAnalyzer : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63296&p=707686

Enjoy !
smurfo

Post by smurfo »

Thanks Vinvin. What I am after actually is a dataset with computer evaluations for every move (at a minimum: The evaluation of the played move, and the evaluation of the objectively best move in that position).
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

All the moves are analyzed except the book moves.

A way to achieve what you want:

Run pgn2fen against a pgn file like this:

pgn2fen myfile.pgn -e -l > myfile.epd

Then use any tool you like to analyze the Epd file.

I have a specially modified version of SF that writes the analysis directly to disk with a hard flush.
You can also use Arena, but that kind of thing is a little problematic.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.