Developer tests of Stockfish need Stockfish 8 instead of Stockfish 7

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Re: Developer tests of Stockfish need Stockfish 8 instead of Stockfish 7

Post by Leo »

Right. TCEC is very necessary. Maybe Spassky would have defeated Fischer after a scientific amount of games.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

The best we can hope for from this thread is that corres will learn to use the quote function
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

AndrewGrant wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 pm The best we can hope for from this thread is that corres will learn to use the quote function
He will not. He was already asked for using it correctly a few times in the past.
His answer was that he wants to keep his special style...and will never use the quote function.

(He was one of the first I added to my ignore list anyway for various other reasons)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

special style
Special alright ....
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
corres

Post by corres »

Poor Stockfish is so unfortunate that after 48 turns its Elo loss enhanced to 121 Elo.
If the chance do not behave accidental-like it is not merely unfortunate - at least in my opinion.
sovaz1997

Post by sovaz1997 »

corres wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 am Poor Stockfish is so unfortunate that after 48 turns its Elo loss enhanced to 121 Elo.
If the chance do not behave accidental-like it is not merely unfortunate - at least in my opinion.
Here begins the Superfinal, where Stockfish himself will show his strength
Zevra 2 is my chess engine. Binary, source and description here: https://github.com/sovaz1997/Zevra2
Zevra v2.5 is last version of Zevra: https://github.com/sovaz1997/Zevra2/releases
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Komodo has still the best contempt against weaker engines. If Komodo would be as strong as Stockfish dev, he might have lead this tournament with much more points. So Stockfish contempt is nice, but not as effective as his counterpart Komodo. Komodo might still be the best engine at imbalance as well.
sovaz1997

Post by sovaz1997 »

JJJ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:55 pm Komodo might still be the best engine at imbalance as well.
Very much I doubt. We need tests to prove this fact.
Zevra 2 is my chess engine. Binary, source and description here: https://github.com/sovaz1997/Zevra2
Zevra v2.5 is last version of Zevra: https://github.com/sovaz1997/Zevra2/releases
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

corres wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:36 pm
Uri Blass wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:53 pm
I think that the expected result may be 69% when stockfish was lucky in season 11 and unlucky in season 12
You would be right if the participants are the same.
But it is not the situation.
Now Stockfish is relative weaker than it was.
Its hard to imagine luck playing a role in the Super final. Maybe Stockfish is getting really lucky in season 12 and we need 20,000 games to prove it has won fairly. ( Assuming it goes on to win the Super final.)
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

JJJ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:55 pm Komodo has still the best contempt against weaker engines. If Komodo would be as strong as Stockfish dev, he might have lead this tournament with much more points. So Stockfish contempt is nice, but not as effective as his counterpart Komodo. Komodo might still be the best engine at imbalance as well.
Since I wrote Komodo's COntempt features, I know quite a lot about it. But I would not claim its contempt is better without data. Perhaps you can give some data?

Mark