TCEC news, believe it or not (no ifs or buts)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Daniel Shawul

Re: TCEC news, believe it or not (no ifs or buts)

Post by Daniel Shawul »

CMCanavessi wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:59 am
Nay Lin Tun wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 am 1. Komodo won Premier Division with 0.5 score ahead of Stockfish, ( 31 points and 30.5 points ). (Full stop)
2. Leela on TCEC CPU (CPU) is performing 3200+ rating. (Full stop)
Still 2100 elo engine :roll:
It is still close to that on a single-core cpu - not on the 44-core tcec hardware that it had 2700 elo with in early bonus games.

You can keep on twisting my words, but that is the fact.

Btw it seems no where near a 3200+ elo with a 1.5/9 score against a 3076 engine.

Oh well you are the guy who uses GTX 1080 ti for leala and single core cpu to others to inflate its elo ...
Milos

Post by Milos »

Daniel Shawul wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:56 pm Oh well you are the guy who uses GTX 1080 ti for leala and single core cpu to others to inflate its elo ...
Not only that, he is throttling that single core that he uses so it runs roughly 30% slower than it can. In early opening games his SF8 manages only 1Mnps which is totally ridiculous. The stretch that some ppl go to "prove" LC0 performance is really troubling.
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

Daniel Shawul wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:56 pm It is still close to that on a single-core cpu - not on the 44-core tcec hardware that it had 2700 elo with in early bonus games.
CCRL guys seem to disagree with you: http://www.computerchess.org.uk/ccrl/40 ... 4-bit_w323
You should complain to them, 2650 on 1 thread seems like an exaggeration.
Btw it seems no where near a 3200+ elo with a 1.5/9 score against a 3076 engine.
3076 is the old SCTR 1.1f rating, and you know that. nitrocan himself said that the improvement he's made to his engine in the past year has been HUGE and is now on par with Ethereal, Laser and Texel. But of course, that fact doesn't align with your speech, so you just ignore it, as you also ignore the previous gauntlet that was played at TCEC and showed some good performance, even if the version of lczero they are using is kind of prehistoric.
Oh well you are the guy who uses GTX 1080 ti for leala and single core cpu to others to inflate its elo ...
I don't have a 1080TI, wish i had one, though... so I could inflate Leela's elo even more. :lol:
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

CMCanavessi wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm 3076 is the old SCTR 1.1f rating, and you know that. nitrocan himself said that the improvement he's made to his engine in the past year has been HUGE and is now on par with Ethereal, Laser and Texel. But of course, that fact doesn't align with your speech, so you just ignore it, as you also ignore the previous gauntlet that was played at TCEC and showed some good performance, even if the version of lczero they are using is kind of prehistoric.
The changes that make dchess anywhere near as strong as Ethereal, as well as the SMP changes, are NOT in the version currently playing. It is likely that 3076 is a fairly accurate estimate for The dchess that is playing at this time.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

CMCanavessi wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm
Daniel Shawul wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:56 pm It is still close to that on a single-core cpu - not on the 44-core tcec hardware that it had 2700 elo with in early bonus games.
CCRL guys seem to disagree with you: http://www.computerchess.org.uk/ccrl/40 ... 4-bit_w323
You should complain to them, 2650 on 1 thread seems like an exaggeration.
3076 is the old SCTR 1.1f rating, and you know that. nitrocan himself said that the improvement he's made to his engine in the past year has been HUGE and is now on par with Ethereal, Laser and Texel. But of course, that fact doesn't align with your speech, so you just ignore it, as you also ignore the previous gauntlet that was played at TCEC and showed some good performance, even if the version of lczero they are using is kind of prehistoric.
I don't have a 1080TI, wish i had one, though... so I could inflate Leela's elo even more. :lol:
CCRL 40/4 is 2495 elo, which is 170 elo less than 2651 elo. What time control do you think I used to estimate it as 2100 elo engine -- 60+1.
Moreover, earlier results were even less than 2100 according to CEGT, see here http://cegt.forumieren.com/t974-lczero-testmatch
so even if it is better now on 1 core, it doesn't change the fact that it had less than 2100 recently.
You maybe able to get a 3200 elo engine with 1 core and a 1 year + 1 month TC, or a high-end hardware but we are far far far from 3200 on single core CPU.
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Nay Lin Tun wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 am 1. Komodo won Premier Division with 0.5 score ahead of Stockfish, ( 31 points and 30.5 points ). (Full stop)
After what happened last season, it seems unreal that komodo is now the winner (before superfinal).
Does sf have any big and legitimate excuses that something went wrong?
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

BIG QUESTION FOR KOMODO?
Now that komodo managed scrape through to victory, is komodo working extremely hard to get a further improvement before superfinal kicks off?
Perhaps it might win that too!
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

S.Taylor wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 pm
After what happened last season, it seems unreal that komodo is now the winner (before superfinal).
Does sf have any big and legitimate excuses that something went wrong?
Excuses for not losing a single game?
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Congratulations to Komodo for a big victory.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
glennsamuel32

Post by glennsamuel32 »

SF on top after 13 games (Full stop) :D :D

Judge without bias, or don't judge at all...