log-in problems by Volodymyr, author of Igel engine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Norbert Raimund Leisner

log-in problems by Volodymyr, author of Igel engine

Post by Norbert Raimund Leisner »

Hello admins/moderators,

he said: Thanks for the link! Any hope someone on the forum will activate my user name so that I can do a proper intro to a project? : ) My user name (that does not get activated) on talkchess is voffka, so I wonder if you can ask any moderators if they are blocking me on purpose :)

you can contact him here: https://github.com/vshcherbyna for further questions....

Regards,
Norbert
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: log-in problems by Volodymyr, author of Igel engine

Post by hgm »

Moderators do not have access to the user administration.

Although I was given access to the admin control panel of this forum recently, this was only for installing forum enhancements like diagram posting, and we agreed that I should leave user administration to Sam.

But I could imagine that the fact that Volodymyr gave an obviously fake 'real name' in his application (namely 'voffka') doesn't really help to expedite treatment of his application. The 'real name' field in the registration form is marked as a mandatory field. Although real names are currently not displayed (since the forum upgrade), we intend to restore this functionality.
Sam Hull
Full name: Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

Norbert Raimund Leisner wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:37 pm Hello admins/moderators,

he said: Thanks for the link! Any hope someone on the forum will activate my user name so that I can do a proper intro to a project? : ) My user name (that does not get activated) on talkchess is voffka, so I wonder if you can ask any moderators if they are blocking me on purpose :)

you can contact him here: https://github.com/vshcherbyna for further questions....

Regards,
Norbert
He did not give his name on the registration form as requested; since you have provided it I will enter it for him and activate the account.

Thanks,
-Sam-
voffka
Full name: Volodymyr Shcherbyna

Post by voffka »

Thank you Norbert and Sam! It all works now.