Strange game Komodo vs GinkGo in WCCC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Damir
Posts: 1825
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm

Strange game Komodo vs GinkGo in WCCC

Post by Damir » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 pm

In this game draw was agreed. But is not a win for Black, since he remains with 2 pieces vs alone White King?´
White pawns can easily be stopped...
Attachments
Komodo vs Gridginkgo.png
Komodo vs Gridginkgo.png (246.1 KiB) Viewed 834 times

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 2322
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Contact:

Re: Strange game Komodo vs GinkGo in WCCC

Post by Guenther » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Damir wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 pm
In this game draw was agreed. But is not a win for Black, since he remains with 2 pieces vs alone White King?´
White pawns can easily be stopped...
I don't think the last move was played at all, because it was already a repetition draw after 109...Kg4.
Probably the TD or someone else touched that square after the game was over...
Guenther Simon
http://rwbc-chess.de/

Jouni
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: Strange game Komodo vs GinkGo in WCCC

Post by Jouni » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:00 pm

What happened in next game(s)??
Jouni

Paloma
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Strange game Komodo vs GinkGo in WCCC

Post by Paloma » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:47 pm

in what next games?

Komodo won playoff by 1.5 - 0.5 (game 8+9)

jdart
Posts: 3535
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:23 am
Location: http://www.arasanchess.org

Re: Strange game Komodo vs GinkGo in WCCC

Post by jdart » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Are all games available somewhere? Maybe it is just me but I find their website hard to navigate.

--Jon

IanO
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: Strange game Komodo vs GinkGo in WCCC

Post by IanO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:16 pm

jdart wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:28 pm
Are all games available somewhere? Maybe it is just me but I find their website hard to navigate.

--Jon
I found them here:

https://icga.org/wp-content/uploads/201 ... 8.pgn_.zip
https://icga.org/wp-content/uploads/201 ... pgn_-1.zip
https://icga.org/wp-content/uploads/201 ... 8.pgn_.zip

mjlef
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Strange game Komodo vs GinkGo in WCCC

Post by mjlef » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:41 am

Guenther wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:26 pm
Damir wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 pm
In this game draw was agreed. But is not a win for Black, since he remains with 2 pieces vs alone White King?´
White pawns can easily be stopped...
I don't think the last move was played at all, because it was already a repetition draw after 109...Kg4.
Probably the TD or someone else touched that square after the game was over...
That is right.

Post Reply