ShashChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Dann Corbit, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Marek Soszynski
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 5:28 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Re: ShashChess

Post by Marek Soszynski » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:55 am

amchess wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 pm
ShashChess 9.0 released:
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/releases/tag/9.0

The main novelties are
-support for live chessdb
-a new offline learning based on pattern recognition. It can be obtained via a private application. Without it, the behaviour is the same as the previous version.
The details in ReadMe file:
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/b ... /README.md

The results of the new private learning against neural networks (after only 20 learning games):
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/wiki/Matches
Great engine.

Could you say something more about Threads versus Full depth threads when not all threads are set to full depth?
Marek Soszynski

amchess
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Re: ShashChess

Post by amchess » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Marek Soszynski wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:55 am
amchess wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:58 pm
ShashChess 9.0 released:
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/releases/tag/9.0

The main novelties are
-support for live chessdb
-a new offline learning based on pattern recognition. It can be obtained via a private application. Without it, the behaviour is the same as the previous version.
The details in ReadMe file:
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/b ... /README.md

The results of the new private learning against neural networks (after only 20 learning games):
https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/wiki/Matches
Great engine.

Could you say something more about Threads versus Full depth threads when not all threads are set to full depth?
Hi, Marek.

The thread you set with this option are used in full depth mode/brute force, so avoiding brutal prunings.
Clearly, it needs more time, but it can be very useful in some very hard positions.

Andrea

amchess
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Re: ShashChess

Post by amchess » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:42 pm


User avatar
Eduard
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:58 pm
Location: Germany
Full name: Eduard Nemeth
Contact:

Re: ShashChess

Post by Eduard » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:13 pm

Thanks! Currently I am playing on playchess.

marsell
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:14 am

Re: ShashChess

Post by marsell » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Eduard wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:13 pm
Thanks! Currently I am playing on playchess.
what's your impression?

User avatar
Eduard
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:58 pm
Location: Germany
Full name: Eduard Nemeth
Contact:

Re: ShashChess

Post by Eduard » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:55 pm

All games ended draw.

Leo
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: USA/Minnesota
Full name: Leo Anger

Re: ShashChess

Post by Leo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:09 pm

What is the difference between Brianlearn and Sash chess?
Advanced Micro Devices fan.

carldaman
Posts: 2027
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:13 am

Re: ShashChess

Post by carldaman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:10 am

For one thing, Brainlearn doesn't feature the Tal/Petrosian/Capablanca personalities and special code based on Shashin's algorithms.

User avatar
Ovyron
Posts: 4405
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 am

Re: ShashChess

Post by Ovyron » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:48 am

Eduard wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:55 pm
All games ended draw.
Need to improve your book, even I can beat people on Playchess.

amchess
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Re: ShashChess

Post by amchess » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:53 pm


Post Reply