DTM syzygy status

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jouni

DTM syzygy status

Post by Jouni »

Are these "hard disk fillers" still under construction?!
Jouni
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: DTM syzygy status

Post by hgm »

I am not even sure what you mean by 'DTM syzygy'. I thought that syzygy EGT by definition are DTZ50. So any DTM EGT would not be syzygy. And there already exist plenty DTM EGT formats.
Sven
Full name: Sven Schüle

Post by Sven »

hgm wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:50 am I am not even sure what you mean by 'DTM syzygy'. I thought that syzygy EGT by definition are DTZ50. So any DTM EGT would not be syzygy. And there already exist plenty DTM EGT formats.
A while ago, if I remember correctly, Ronald started working on modifications to his existing TB generator that allowed to create DTM50 EGT. I assume the OP refers to that activity. And "syzygy" was Ronald's user nickname here, wasn't it?
Sven Schüle (engine author: Jumbo, KnockOut, Surprise)
hgm

Post by hgm »

Well, DTM50 is not the same as DTM.

And, if such EGT would ever come to exist, it would be very bad and a cause of great confusion if they would have the same name as the syzygy DTZ50 EGTs. Names or EGT flavors should be unique.
Sven
Full name: Sven Schüle

Post by Sven »

hgm wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:02 am Well, DTM50 is not the same as DTM.

And, if such EGT would ever come to exist, it would be very bad and a cause of great confusion if they would have the same name as the syzygy DTZ50 EGTs. Names or EGT flavors should be unique.
What about letting the author itself decide about the name, as soon as there is something ready?
Sven Schüle (engine author: Jumbo, KnockOut, Surprise)
hgm

Post by hgm »

As long as it would be a name that would not cause confusion or other problems, that seems fine.