New uci engine: Rofchade

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

flok
Full name: Folkert van Heusden

Re: New uci engine: Rofchade

Post by flok »

Damir wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:55 pm Why do you always keep asking about the source ?
Do you want to clone the engine ?
Right, that's the most logical and only reason for wanting the sources.
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

Ronald wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:37 pm It does pretty well :D .
Rofchade will participate in the next programmers tournament of CSVN on december 1st and 2th, I am experimenting with eval to get a good version for that and was not busy with creating a new version yet.

To maybe join TCEC was a surprise so I created an intermediary version for TCEC overnight, which does pretty well so far. Time control is very short for this tournament, with so many threads getting all the workers running for every move may become relative time consuming, so perhaps engines which do this more efficiently are doing better with this time control. With longer time controls the starting time will be irrelevant. I don't know if it will do as well with longer time controls also, because I haven't done real testing at longer time controls yet.

If I am satisfied with the result of the CSVN version, I'll probably will release version 2.0 soon after.
It is indeed very strong. It will most likely qualify (with Komodo MCTS) for Division 3. I just saw a game this morning where it totally smashed Demolito!

How much eval does it have by now?
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
Ronald
Full name: Ronald Friederich

Post by Ronald »

It did pretty well indeed :D

I'm experimenting with eval and still sometimes don't understand why certain things work or the other way around. This version has eval for pawns, king safety, mobility and some threats. I don't know how much the short time control has influenced the current outcome, it certainly looks like Scorpio doesn't like short time controls with so much threads.

Rofchade is looking forward to compete against Demolito (and the other engines also) the coming period!
OliverBr
Full name: Dr. Oliver Brausch

Post by OliverBr »

flok wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:50 pm
Damir wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:55 pm Why do you always keep asking about the source ?
Do you want to clone the engine ?
Right, that's the most logical and only reason for wanting the sources.
Very true!

BTW; where is the source available?
Chess Engine OliThink: http://brausch.org/home/chess
OliThink GitHub:https://github.com/olithink
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

Ronald wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:06 pmI don't know anything about android, on Windows I compile rofchade with MSVC
The Android version is easy if you have a Linux version of Rofchade, or if you're not using any Windows API stuff to begin with (just standard C/C++ stuff or MingW). You just download the Android NDK (not the SDK) for Windows, which boils down to compile and link your sources with the supplied Clang and a few parameters. If you download my engine, you'll find Android build batch files for Windows.
Rasmus Althoff
https://www.ct800.net
Madeleine Birchfield
Full name: Madeleine Birchfield

Post by Madeleine Birchfield »

Ras wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:53 am
Ronald wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:06 pmI don't know anything about android, on Windows I compile rofchade with MSVC
The Android version is easy if you have a Linux version of Rofchade, or if you're not using any Windows API stuff to begin with (just standard C/C++ stuff or MingW). You just download the Android NDK (not the SDK) for Windows, which boils down to compile and link your sources with the supplied Clang and a few parameters. If you download my engine, you'll find Android build batch files for Windows.
You are responding to a 2 year old comment.
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

Madeleine Birchfield wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:16 amYou are responding to a 2 year old comment.
Oh. I didn't see that Oliver was necromancing an old thread. However, since Rofchade still doesn't have an Android version, but a Linux version is available, my comment is still applicable.
Rasmus Althoff
https://www.ct800.net