Which top 2775+ player has the record of not losing any game?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Which top 2775+ player has the record of not losing any game?

Post by Chessqueen »

I would like to know what top 2775+ player has the record without losing any classical games, and what top 2775+ player won the most consecutive straight classical games. I can NOT find the answer anywhere, and I have search with different search engines. It would be interesting to see these two players participating in the next London Chess Classic, I believe it would bring a lot of curious visitors or chess fans.
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
CMCanavessi

Re: Which top 2775+ player has the record of not losing any game?

Post by CMCanavessi »

Have you checked https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... s_in_chess ?

There's a lot of weird records there.
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Chessqueen wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:02 pm I would like to know what top 2775+ player has the record without losing any classical games, and what top 2775+ player won the most consecutive straight classical games. I can NOT find the answer anywhere, and I have search with different search engines. It would be interesting to see these two players participating in the next London Chess Classic, I believe it would bring a lot of curious visitors or chess fans.

I do not understand the question.
You ask about top 2775+ players but it is not clear if the player need to be 2775+ player in all the period or part of the period or maybe not even part of the period(in theory 2775+ player could get many consecutive wins in the time he got progress from 2000 to 2300).
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

I meat to ask, what current player or Active player who is NOT either retired or dead and is higher than 2750 that is NOT either Mikhail Tal who played a string of 95 tournament games without a loss with 46 wins and 49 draws; or Bobby Fischer who won 20 consecutive games, all in competitions, and at the same time could compete in the Next London Chess Classic. I just found out that GM Ding Liren has the current record among all the active players of NOT losing a single game, since September of last year, and that is how he finally reached over 2800+
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

I meat to ask, what current player or Active player who is NOT either retired or dead and is higher than 2750 that is NOT either Mikhail Tal who played a string of 95 tournament games without a loss with 46 wins and 49 draws; or Bobby Fischer who won 20 consecutive games, all in competitions, and at the same time could compete in the Next London Chess Classic. I just found out that GM Ding Liren has the current record among all the active players of NOT losing a single game, since September of last year, and that is how he finally reached over 2800+

People would just go to the London Chess Classic to see who will be the player that will beat GM Ding Liren after such recor of NOT losing a game for almost a year. :shock:
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

Something to beat: Capablanca was undefeated for eight years from 10 February 1916 to 21 March 1924. One year: a joke!
Jouni
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

It could be a Joke, but nowadays with computer analysis and assistance it is equivalent to 10 years or more. and to put it into perspective not even GM Carlsen or GM Caruana has lasted more than three months without one of his closest beating him.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Jouni wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:11 pm Something to beat: Capablanca was undefeated for eight years from 10 February 1916 to 21 March 1924. One year: a joke!
It must be said that Capablanca played relatively far fewer games during that 8 year stretch, which partially spanned WWI, than modern GMs do these days.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

carldaman wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:19 am
Jouni wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:11 pm Something to beat: Capablanca was undefeated for eight years from 10 February 1916 to 21 March 1924. One year: a joke!
It must be said that Capablanca played relatively far fewer games during that 8 year stretch, which partially spanned WWI, than modern GMs do these days.
In an era where he'd likely face 1-2 serious opponents per tournament (perhaps Rubinstein and Alekhine or something).
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

BrendanJNorman wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:54 am
carldaman wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:19 am
In an era where he'd likely face 1-2 serious opponents per tournament (perhaps Rubinstein and Alekhine or something).
Yes, certainly between 1916-20, as there were hardly any big tournaments in those years. There was some tougher opposition for him from 1921 onwards, including the WC match vs Lasker, in which he of course went undefeated.