McCain v10 Release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

McCain v10 Release

Post by MikeB »

Notes and all flavors of exe's can be found here:

https://github.com/MichaelB7/Stockfish/releases/tag/V10

Thanks,
Michael
MikeB

Re: McCain v10 Release

Post by MikeB »

Fro those who want to see how their machine stacks up against an iMac (2015) model:

Code: Select all

iMac-3:src $ McCain-v10_x64_bmi2-gcc_mb b >/dev/null

===========================
Total time (ms) : 1468
Nodes searched  : 4063570
Nodes/second    : 2768099

and here's a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (not overclock):

xxxxxxx@PicoChess:~/McCain-v10_update-v2/src $ ./McCain-v10 b >/dev/null

===========================
Total time (ms) : 14865
Nodes searched  : 4063570
Nodes/second    : 273364
Please feel free to post your bench results in this thread.
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

MikeB wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:22 am Notes and all flavors of exe's can be found here:

https://github.com/MichaelB7/Stockfish/releases/tag/V10
Thanks a lot, Michael!
None of the MF-McCain- compiles work at Fritz14, maybe just because of the long names again, but as for Shredder, which doesn't care for name- lengthes normally, it's the same.
Trying MF-McCain compiled by you, Shredder(13) gives error- message "cygstdc++6.dll is missing at you PC" (might be not true, but don't know, where to look for it), Stanback- compile: "this is not an UCI- engine".
Lucs-Monge- compile works at Shredder and Fritz.
Peter.
Norbert Raimund Leisner

Post by Norbert Raimund Leisner »

Hello Peter,

cf. these websites

https://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/miss ... tdc-6-dll/

https://www.dllme.com/dll/files/cygstdc_-6_dll.html

https://de.azdll.net/files/cygstdc-6-dll.html , just click on herunterladen (=download) and confirm before that you are not a robot etc.

Norbert
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Waiting for McLeela
Martin Sedlak
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

mar wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 am Waiting for McLeela
Aren't you the author of Cheng?

Your engine is fantastic man, why not incorporate your own ideas with the MCTS/NN model?

Cheng already has a nice strategic style, the combination of different methods would be beautiful.

Not regarding playing strength necessarily, but just the type of chess it might produce.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

The obvious "idea" would be to create a Leela-SF hybrid, the tricky part being how to combine them.
I can imagine Leela doesn't need all the CPU cores so the AB engine might check for blunders and perhaps take
over in endgames, while Leela excels at openings/midgame.
Also whenever AB engine finds a certain win, it should take over as well.
Martin Sedlak
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

Norbert Raimund Leisner wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:53 am cf. these websites
Thank you, Norbert!
Peter.
Spliffjiffer

Post by Spliffjiffer »

1. thx MikeB
2. same prob here as Peter has...only Monge compliles work and meanwhile TB's access seems crippled or rewritten eg: 4K3/4p3/4k3/8/Bp6/6b1/2P5/8 b - - 1 4
(normally 1000's of hits...Monges's compile almost none)...looks strange to me so far
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.
MikeB

Re: McCain v10 Relea

Post by MikeB »

Spliffjiffer wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:08 pm 1. thx MikeB
2. same prob here as Peter has...only Monge compliles work and meanwhile TB's access seems crippled or rewritten eg: 4K3/4p3/4k3/8/Bp6/6b1/2P5/8 b - - 1 4
(normally 1000's of hits...Monges's compile almost none)...looks strange to me so far
I did make a probing change - when you have 7 men on HDD drives , you have to curtail the probing or else it slows to crawl - with nps. less than 100K. I believe the changes I made limit probing to the the 7 men Tb probing with 7 or more pieces - with the 7 men Tb limited to nearly one probe. With more than 7 men , it will probe the 6 men tbs as before. I assuming you are using 6 men tbs and and you are seeing probing limited with exactly 7 men as you posted and with 8 or men on the board , probing is leas than before. Can you check the number of probes with 6 men left of the board , 7 men left on the board and 8 men left on the board? 6 should be normal , 7 will be just a few and 8 will be more than 7 but less than what 8 did before.

With it being being nearly impossible for most people to afford nearly 20 gbs in SSD drives there are not too many good alternatives if you want to use 7 men Tbs . What would be really good if you provide examples where the new code does not find the solution vs the old code.