OT - Font display in Google changed?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

OT - Font display in Google changed?

Post by Guenther »

Sorry for being off topic, but just yesterday I noticed that something didn't look right in my GoogleSheets.

It seems that suddenly a few fonts there look extremely shitty on my hardware at least.
I have not updated my graphics driver and it seems FF also is not the issue, because
the display of some of my other websites with those fonts look normal.

It is mainly 'Tahoma' and may be also 'Verdana' (not as crappy).
For this reason I have changed all Tahoma to OpenSans in the XB/UCI chronology right now.
But well, I have dozens of sheets there with mostly Tahoma chosen...

May be I have to fiddle again with anti-aliasing options and other settings - arghh.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Spliffjiffer

Re: OT - Font display in Google changed?

Post by Spliffjiffer »

the current font-display on the google homepage is in remember of the Arecibo-message from exactely 44 years ago...it is animated in "motion-pictures" somewhat like a film that is running lol...id imagine its not in full harmony with your old grafics-card maybe ;-)
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Spliffjiffer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:58 pm the current font-display on the google homepage is in remember of the Arecibo-message from exactely 44 years ago...it is animated in "motion-pictures" somewhat like a film that is running lol...id imagine its not in full harmony with your old grafics-card maybe ;-)
I just opened your message out of curiosity, because you are since your first day on my foe list.
Thanks for reassuring me.

I couldn't care less for the 'google homepage' - if you try to read again, you might grasp that my message was about google sheets/docs etc.
Bye again forever. Never seen a more stupid answer before.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Spliffjiffer

Post by Spliffjiffer »

bye MR.G aus regensburg...dont hesitate to visit the right doctor for your problems...though...sry that i misunderstood your question and my try to help was pointless therefore...its such a beautyful day here in germany...geniesse ihn
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.