rofChade 2.0 released, first version with regular eval

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kohflote

Re: rofChade 2.0 released, first version with regular eval

Post by Kohflote »

Hi,

I encountered MSVCP140.dll missing. I am using Windows 10 Professional 64-bits. Appreciate your help, please.

Thank you & regards,
Koh, Kah Huat
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Ronald wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:54 pm
rofChade 2.0 is beeing tested by CCRL right now (40/40), so I don't know the CCRL rating yet. My own estimate is somewhere between 3050 and 3100 single threaded.

Ronald

3110 on the blitz list so far (only 384 games though at the moment)

http://www.computerchess.org.uk/ccrl/40 ... +opponents
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Post by RubiChess »

Kohflote wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:10 pm Hi,

I encountered MSVCP140.dll missing. I am using Windows 10 Professional 64-bits. Appreciate your help, please.

Thank you & regards,
Koh, Kah Huat
Ronald should configure his Visual Studio to create an executable with static linked libs.
Other possibility would be to install some VC runtime but I couldn't tell which one is needed.

Andreas
Ronald
Full name: Ronald Friederich

Post by Ronald »

mibere wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:16 pm
Ronald wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:59 pm Fortunately when I tried the cli version I was able to reproduce the warnings and I found out it was caused by 2 bugs :oops:
Will you offer a fixed version?
Because the bugs don't affect the search/result of the calculated moves I won't make a specific version for these bugfixes. They will be incorporated in the next version.

Kohflote wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:10 pm Hi,

Thank you & regards,
Koh, Kah Huat
The file MSVCP140.dll is a standard Microsoft C++ file and is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 and is usually installed as part of the Microsoft Windows 10 installation. You might have an older version installed on your computer.

The file can easily be installed with the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017" via the microsoft Website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

For 64 bit you should use the x64 version: vc_redist.x64.exe

I could include the .dll into the rofchade exe file, but that would make the exe a couple of times bigger, but most people have the DLL on their system already and most important I think it's against the idea of the reuse of standard libraries :D
Kohflote

Post by Kohflote »

Thank you, Ronald.

Best regards,
Koh, Kah Huat