New Release of Francesca MAD - imminent

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

silentshark

Re: New Release of Francesca MAD - imminent

Post by silentshark »

tpoppins wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:51 am
silentshark wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:59 am Ok, v0.21 is up. Download from the usual place www.silentshark.co.uk - select Computer Chess.

The zip file contains 3 exes. All 64 bit compiles.

fran.exe - small version, 150Mb of hash tables
lardy.exe - regular version, about 1GB for hash tables
legacy.exe - for old PC's. No SSE etc. compiler flags used, so should run on older PC's. Uses about 150Mb for hash tables.

Any feedback - let me know :-)
Why not have fran.exe use double the hash and POPCNT rather than BMI2?

CMCanavessi wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:12 pm Can you put a link on your website to download old versions? I was trying to download 0.20 but I can't find it!
franmad020.zip
Yes, I should do a page of old versions for download. I have various bits going back about 20 years, including the version of my program which did better than I ever thought at the WCCC in 1999. It probably needs some sort of DOS emulator to run these days :-)
silentshark

Post by silentshark »

tpoppins wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:51 am
silentshark wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:59 am Ok, v0.21 is up. Download from the usual place www.silentshark.co.uk - select Computer Chess.

The zip file contains 3 exes. All 64 bit compiles.

fran.exe - small version, 150Mb of hash tables
lardy.exe - regular version, about 1GB for hash tables
legacy.exe - for old PC's. No SSE etc. compiler flags used, so should run on older PC's. Uses about 150Mb for hash tables.

Any feedback - let me know :-)
Why not have fran.exe use double the hash and POPCNT rather than BMI2?

CMCanavessi wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:12 pm Can you put a link on your website to download old versions? I was trying to download 0.20 but I can't find it!
franmad020.zip
Ok, old versions - various bits and pieces dating back to the DOS version which played in the WCCC, 1999 - are online. Go to www.silentshark.co.uk, then select Computer Chess. You will see a link to the latest version, and a link to old versions. (You may need to right click and select refresh frame or whatever if you've visited the site recently). Older versions play weaker and are more broken than newer versions :-)
Sergio Martinez

Post by Sergio Martinez »

Thank you very much Tom!!!

A great treasure for old collectors as me.

Thank you very much :D

Member of the CCRL Group. Write me if you want I test your engine.
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

silentshark wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:39 pm Ok, old versions - various bits and pieces dating back to the DOS version which played in the WCCC, 1999 - are online. Go to www.silentshark.co.uk, then select Computer Chess. You will see a link to the latest version, and a link to old versions. (You may need to right click and select refresh frame or whatever if you've visited the site recently). Older versions play weaker and are more broken than newer versions :-)
Tom, is the 0.90 WCCC version the X or Y version? Not that I remember which is which (Y was the more aggressive one?) but I remember you made a poll which one to choose for the world champs.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Gabor Szots wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:13 am
silentshark wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:39 pm Ok, old versions - various bits and pieces dating back to the DOS version which played in the WCCC, 1999 - are online. Go to www.silentshark.co.uk, then select Computer Chess. You will see a link to the latest version, and a link to old versions. (You may need to right click and select refresh frame or whatever if you've visited the site recently). Older versions play weaker and are more broken than newer versions :-)
Tom, is the 0.90 WCCC version the X or Y version? Not that I remember which is which (Y was the more aggressive one?) but I remember you made a poll which one to choose for the world champs and I voted for Y.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
silentshark

Post by silentshark »

Gabor Szots wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:14 am
Gabor Szots wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:13 am
Tom, is the 0.90 WCCC version the X or Y version? Not that I remember which is which (Y was the more aggressive one?) but I remember you made a poll which one to choose for the world champs and I voted for Y.
Sorry, I don't remember that far back. It was the most recently updated on in the folder of stuff I sent to Kai back then