Tarrasch GUI Version 3.11 is Released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

rcmaddox
Full name: Robert C. Maddox

Tarrasch GUI Version 3.11 is Released

Post by rcmaddox »

I just noticed an update to the Tarrasch GUI.

Here's a link to the changes ---->> http://www.triplehappy.com/News.html

and to the main site ---->> http://www.triplehappy.com
Dann Corbit

Re: Tarrasch GUI Version 3.11 is Released

Post by Dann Corbit »

That makes me triple happy.
:wink:
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Bill Forster

Post by Bill Forster »

Please let me know if it would be of interest to people here for me to post notifications like this here each time I make a release. I haven't done it in the past because I get the impression this forum is all about engine v engine computer chess whereas the focus in Tarrasch is increasingly on PGN creation, editing, wrangling; database features including pattern and material balance searching, web publishing (work in progress) etc. etc. Basically chess rather than computer chess. When I first started the program I just wanted a program for human v engine, but I never do that any more and the focus of the program has moved away from that area entirely. I am never going to do engine v engine, so I am never going to do the advanced engine management that users here are really interested in.

Summary; If you want notice of occasional Tarrasch releases let me know. Otherwise I'll assume you're not interested because the program is not a good fit to the audience here (and that's okay too).
Daniel
Full name: Daniel Tapia

Post by Daniel »

I find release threads very helpful.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

I want to know. I cannot speak for others.
Your GUI is interesting and creative.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Bill Forster

Post by Bill Forster »

Ok, thanks for these kind words. In the future I will make a release post here with each new release, sparing rcmaddox the trouble, and avoiding the delay until rcmaddox (thanks for your efforts) notices the release.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Bill Forster wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:25 am Ok, thanks for these kind words. In the future I will make a release post here with each new release, sparing rcmaddox the trouble, and avoiding the delay until rcmaddox (thanks for your efforts) notices the release.
:)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Kohflote

Post by Kohflote »

+1 and thanks!