Rebelfish, no April 1 joke

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rebel

Re: Rebelfish, no April 1 joke

Post by Rebel »

Daniel wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:27 am Is it possible to run Rebelfish on Linux? I'm installing Linux on my computers, and I'm wondering if it's possible to do this (specifically in regards to Editpad). Thank you in advance.
Maybe on Linux a similar program like Editpad is available, then replace Editpad.exe with the Linux one.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

I downloaded everything. I cant get it to work. :(
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Daniel
Full name: Daniel Tapia

Post by Daniel »

This thing is awesome! I've only used it on Windows; I'll test it out on Debian in the nearby future. Fingers crossed.

@Leo. What did you do? Make sure you load rebeluci.exe for the UCI. I've used it on both Scids (4.7 and vs. PC) and it works fine. Though, I remember I had a hard time with 2.9 but that was mainly because I was just getting into the whole computer chess thing.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Daniel wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:34 pm This thing is awesome! I've only used it on Windows; I'll test it out on Debian in the nearby future. Fingers crossed.

@Leo. What did you do? Make sure you load rebeluci.exe for the UCI. I've used it on both Scids (4.7 and vs. PC) and it works fine. Though, I remember I had a hard time with 2.9 but that was mainly because I was just getting into the whole computer chess thing.
I loaded that into Arena and the engine wont function. Ill try SCID. I wonder who this Shane person is.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.