SCID 4.7

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Fulvio
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by Fulvio » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:35 pm

Guenther wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:18 am
Would it be possible to thicken the plotting lines in the
tcl too w/o recompiling?
Yes, line 593 in the tcl/tools/graphs.tcl file:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/code/ci/ ... s.tcl#l593

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3040
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by Guenther » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:39 pm

Fulvio wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:35 pm
Guenther wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:18 am
Would it be possible to thicken the plotting lines in the
tcl too w/o recompiling?
Yes, line 593 in the tcl/tools/graphs.tcl file:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/code/ci/ ... s.tcl#l593
Thanks Fulvio! Changed some colors to my taste too and now it looks good to me.
http://rwbc-chess.de/clip/graphs_new.png
Current foe list count : [97]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

menniepals
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:31 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by menniepals » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:22 pm

How do you flip the board on Scid 4.7?

menniepals
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:31 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by menniepals » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:26 pm

Can the analysis engine line font be changed to something bigger?

Steppenwolf
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:54 pm
Full name: Sven Steppenwolf

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by Steppenwolf » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:41 pm

Thanks Fulvio,

please is it possible to compile and post the macOS binary for the mac-users, who are not programmers?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Is it possible to analyse a position simultaneously with two engines with SCID 4.7?

Fulvio
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by Fulvio » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:28 pm

menniepals wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:22 pm
How do you flip the board on Scid 4.7?
First clicking on the "hamburger button" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_button ) under the board and then clicking on "rotate".
menniepals wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:26 pm
Can the analysis engine line font be changed to something bigger?
Yes, selecting the menu "options" -> "fonts" -> "fixed".

Fulvio
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by Fulvio » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:34 pm

Steppenwolf wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:41 pm
Thanks Fulvio,
please is it possible to compile and post the macOS binary for the mac-users, who are not programmers?
I do not own a macOS machine and therefore I can not do it.
Maybe someone else will compile a binary version and make it available.
Steppenwolf wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:41 pm
PS: Is it possible to analyse a position simultaneously with two engines with SCID 4.7?
Yes, it is possible:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/wiki/The ... ncurrently

ChickenLogic
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:23 am
Full name: Julian Willemer

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by ChickenLogic » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:28 pm

Hey, I really like this new version!

Sadly, whenever I resize the window it lags behind by some seconds (using Win10).
Do you know how I could fix this?
Respecting someone also means to tell them the truth if they are talking bullshit.

Fulvio
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by Fulvio » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:40 am

ChickenLogic wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:28 pm
Hey, I really like this new version!

Sadly, whenever I resize the window it lags behind by some seconds (using Win10).
Do you know how I could fix this?
Hi, thanks for trying the new version.
I tried to reproduce the behavior (installed SCID4.7, resized and maximized the window) on a couple of Win10 machine, without success.
Could you please check that there is no background process (update?) that slows down your computer?

ChickenLogic
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:23 am
Full name: Julian Willemer

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by ChickenLogic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Strange :?

I tried many things, like a fixed chess board size etc. Nothing helped. When I tried there were no background processes. I do have an i7 5930k on 4.1 GHz so I don't think it is that.

Thank you anyway :)
Respecting someone also means to tell them the truth if they are talking bullshit.

Post Reply