SCID 4.7

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Daniel
Full name: Daniel Tapia

Re: SCID 4.7

Post by Daniel »

I'm not sure if I should put this here or the SourceForge page. Some windows like Analysis Engine... Save: Replace Game... Setup Menu Colors... Sounds... do not open on my monitors. I have to right-click the icon in the Windows toolbar, click move, hit my arrows, and then I can drag it into one of my screens. Even when I close a certain window, it opens back up in no man's land.

I'm using a multi-monitor setup on Windows 10. I'm curious if anyone else gets this error, or if anyone has experienced this kind of thing on other programs and has come up with a fix.

Advice is much welcome.
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

How do you print a game from Scid? Thanks!
PeterO

Post by PeterO »

Hello friends!

Is it possible to add my OWN photos to the database?
HOW???

Peter :D
Fulvio

Post by Fulvio »

Daniel wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 pm I'm using a multi-monitor setup on Windows 10. I'm curious if anyone else gets this error, or if anyone has experienced this kind of thing on other programs and has come up with a fix.

Advice is much welcome.
Thanks for reporting the bug, I'll look into it.
As a temporary fix you can delete the lines 273-280 in the file tcl/utils/win.tcl:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/code/ci/ ... n.tcl#l273

leaving the function empty:
proc ::utils::win::Centre {w} {
}
Fulvio

Post by Fulvio »

PeterO wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:18 am Hello friends!

Is it possible to add my OWN photos to the database?
HOW???

Peter :D
Yes, add a new file my_photos.spf inside the directory "photos".
Then open that file with a text editor and add base64-encoded GIF images, sized around 80x100 pixels in this way:

Code: Select all

photo "Surname, name" {
base64_encoded_data
}
Fulvio

Post by Fulvio »

menniepals wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:48 am How do you print a game from Scid? Thanks!
Direct printing is not possible.
It is necessary to export one or more games to a .html (or LaTeX, advanced) file and the print it:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/wiki/HowToExportGames/
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

I am going to download SCID for the first time today. I am wondering if this Shane person is still involved or who is in charge of SCID.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Fulvio wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:59 am
Daniel wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 pm I'm using a multi-monitor setup on Windows 10. I'm curious if anyone else gets this error, or if anyone has experienced this kind of thing on other programs and has come up with a fix.

Advice is much welcome.
Thanks for reporting the bug, I'll look into it.
As a temporary fix you can delete the lines 273-280 in the file tcl/utils/win.tcl:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/code/ci/ ... n.tcl#l273

leaving the function empty:
proc ::utils::win::Centre {w} {
}
Thank you, Fulvio; that's a lot better!

I don't know if this is a bug or not but in the Save window, "Save" is outlined and the letter "S" is underlined but I can't press enter to save and neither alt+S, ctrl+S nor shift+S do anything. It would be nice to be able to use my keyboard to save time rather than mouse over every time.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Another question: How can I create an epd file? When I click on New... I only get two options under "save as type", si4 and pgn, but the wiki says it's possible to create new epd files.

And I hope that I'm not being annoying with all of my questions; I fully understand that you have other things on your plate.
Fulvio

Post by Fulvio »

Leo wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:16 pm I am going to download SCID for the first time today. I am wondering if this Shane person is still involved or who is in charge of SCID.
No, the original author of SCID stopped working on it many yeas ago:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/wiki/ShaneHudson/

I'm the one maintaining the project since 2013.