TCEC 14 final: Lc0 just lost 3 games with tactical..

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

M ANSARI

Re: TCEC 14 final: Lc0 just lost 3 games with tactical..

Post by M ANSARI »

I think getting opening books that give a 0.00 for each side or super neutral books also work against SF. In TCEC the only time SF seemed to do well is when it came out of the opening with a big advantage where deep forced tactics and not positional play mattered.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

M ANSARI wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:56 pm I think getting opening books that give a 0.00 for each side or super neutral books also work against SF. In TCEC the only time SF seemed to do well is when it came out of the opening with a big advantage where deep forced tactics and not positional play mattered.
Nice observation. Does anyone know how many Megabytes LCZ is to download?
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
jp

Post by jp »

Leo wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:07 pm
supersharp77 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:22 am
Leo wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:40 pm I see. I have an interest in seeing SF play LZ with a powerful book.
With Stockfish playing LC0 without an opening book the result is 100% meaningless..."Apples & Oranges".. :wink:
I pretty much agree. Its a huge handicap for SF.
What DeepMind did with A0 was much worse than these Lc0 games. They just let SF go into the same bad openings over and over again.