LC0-Leela0 for Android Devices...?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

PeterO

Re: LC0-Leela0 for Android Devices...?

Post by PeterO »

Hi Aart,

Ha- you „parse“ the uci options - so you can set even the most esoteric options - right? You wrote this some days before. And you are already working on this?! You release it really soon.??!! I am REALLY IMPRESSED Aart! Your speed/energy/competence is unbelievable!
I just asked for preinstall because I have no idea what to download/install. Perhaps someone in this forum can make a step-by-step guide for idiots?

Peter
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

PeterO wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:09 pm Hi Aart,

Ha- you „parse“ the uci options - so you can set even the most esoteric options - right? You wrote this some days before. And you are already working on this?! You release it really soon.??!! I am REALLY IMPRESSED Aart! Your speed/energy/competence is unbelievable!
I just asked for preinstall because I have no idea what to download/install. Perhaps someone in this forum can make a step-by-step guide for idiots?

Peter
I thought this might be a problem...none of the LC0 Arm7 compiles are working for me in chess for android or Droidfish
most/all of the success stories are with Arm8 compiles.... :wink:
abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Post by abik »

PeterO wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:09 pm You wrote this some days before. And you are already working on this?! You release it really soon.??!! I am REALLY IMPRESSED Aart! Your speed/energy/competence is unbelievable!
Ah, you are too kind. Your competence is no less! You wrote an amazing GUI that many prefer far over mine!

As for step by step instructions, here is my take, others may improve.
  • Download a proper ARM binary from the lc0 wiki. Note that there is a choice, some work on some devices, some don't.
  • Download a weights file from this wiki.
  • Get the binary and weights file in same place (with CfA just install both from SD just like an engine); alternatively just get a proper config file at the same place as the binary that points to the weights file and sets other parameters, see posting elsewhere.
  • Enjoy the wonders of neural networks!
PeterO

Post by PeterO »

Hi Aart,

Thanks for the step by step guide - I will try it!
And I am so impressed because I am NOT a software man!! Thats the reason I ask for simple guides. I could NEVER write a GUI - thats another man! But I LOVE playing chess on a wooden board - using your great app! :D

Peter
petero2
Full name: Peter Osterlund

Post by petero2 »

PeterO wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:40 am Hi Aart,

Thanks for the step by step guide - I will try it!
And I am so impressed because I am NOT a software man!! Thats the reason I ask for simple guides. I could NEVER write a GUI - thats another man! But I LOVE playing chess on a wooden board - using your great app! :D

Peter
It is easy to mix up our user names, but I agree with your comments about Aart and Chess for Android. I sometimes suggest people to try Chess for Android if they ask me about some feature that DroidFish does not have and I know that Chess for Android has it.
abik
Full name: Aart Bik

Post by abik »

petero2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:33 am It is easy to mix up our user names, but I agree with your comments about Aart and Chess for Android. I sometimes suggest people to try Chess for Android if they ask me about some feature that DroidFish does not have and I know that Chess for Android has it.
Apologies to you both for the name mix up. I should have checked the PeterO and petero2 more carefully :-)
But my compliments remain standing of course, I have nothing but the highest respect for DroidFish!
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Thanks Aart

I now am able to play on my SolusChess & Certabo electronic boards 👍

Regards
Bryan
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

Both droidfish and Chess for android are amazing!!

I mostly use droidfish but for custom engine tournments, I need chess for android.

( SF vs Lc0 in my phone)