Zentropy GUI

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kranium

Zentropy GUI

Post by kranium »

Hi all-

I recently released a new toy...an open-source engine GUI on Github:
https://github.com/FireFather/Zentropy

It's intended for modern Windows 64-bit systems.

It written in C#, and utilizes fast windows bitmap routines.
Game play can be ultra-fast (for ex: fixed depth = 12) without any negative effects.

It currently supports match play only, but I will be attempting to implement round-robin and gauntlet modes in the coming weeks and months.

It's not been thoroughly tested on a variety of systems, so is bound to have bugs.
Just let me know about any issue (either here, privately, or on github), and I'll do my best to resolve it.

One feature that may be interesting for developers/testers is the live match LOS calculation...
I thinking of adding a feature that ends the match when LOS = X% (an adjustable threshold).

In addition to the GUI application, there are 362 engines (64-bit popcnt or less) and their logos (in 100 x 50 format) included in the download.
(I was fairly careful with my selection process here, but if there are any that shouldn't be distributed in this manner, please let me know and I'll adjust the download accordingly).

Suggestions are welcome,
Norm
sovaz1997

Re: Zentropy GUI

Post by sovaz1997 »

Congratulations! It really looks interesting. By the way, about the tests: SPRT is planned? This is just to automatically stop the test :)
Zevra 2 is my chess engine. Binary, source and description here: https://github.com/sovaz1997/Zevra2
Zevra v2.5 is last version of Zevra: https://github.com/sovaz1997/Zevra2/releases
kranium

Post by kranium »

sovaz1997 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:05 pm Congratulations! It really looks interesting. By the way, about the tests: SPRT is planned? This is just to automatically stop the test :)
great idea...(yes, could be very useful for engine developers, self-play, etc.)
Thx!
ChickenLogic
Full name: kek w

Post by ChickenLogic »

I like it :)

What immediately sprang to my mind was syzygy tb adjudication up to 7 man. I only know that cutechess-cli is capable of this but none of the guis afaik.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Thanks for the new GUI Norm. One question, does it also support ctg book format for Chessbase and Fritz GUI? :) :) :D
kranium

Post by kranium »

Damir wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:26 pm Thanks for the new GUI Norm. One question, does it also support ctg book format for Chessbase and Fritz GUI? :) :) :D
I'm afraid not Damir. At the moment it uses FEN notation for book positions. But it does have a routine to convert any PGN to book.
(Simply chose the desired depth and each game in the pgn will be converted (at the specified depth) to a FEN position...
original PGN is not modified.)

Currently the name of the book file is hard coded : (book.fen)
There's one included with the download which was generated from a high quality 10,000 game GM PGN (@ 4 moves, 8 plies).
Last edited by kranium on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kranium

Post by kranium »

ChickenLogic wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:59 pm I like it :)

What immediately sprang to my mind was syzygy tb adjudication up to 7 man. I only know that cutechess-cli is capable of this but none of the guis afaik.
yes, a very nice feature...
I'll definitely try
Thx!
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

kranium wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm Hi all-

I recently released a new toy...an open-source engine GUI on Github:
https://github.com/FireFather/Zentropy

It's intended for modern Windows 64-bit systems.

It written in C#, and utilizes fast windows bitmap routines.
Game play can be ultra-fast (for ex: fixed depth = 12) without any negative effects.

It currently supports match play only, but I will be attempting to implement round-robin and gauntlet modes in the coming weeks and months.

It's not been thoroughly tested on a variety of systems, so is bound to have bugs.
Just let me know about any issue (either here, privately, or on github), and I'll do my best to resolve it.

One feature that may be interesting for developers/testers is the live match LOS calculation...
I thinking of adding a feature that ends the match when LOS = X% (an adjustable threshold).

In addition to the GUI application, there are 362 engines (64-bit popcnt or less) and their logos (in 100 x 50 format) included in the download.
(I was fairly careful with my selection process here, but if there are any that shouldn't be distributed in this manner, please let me know and I'll adjust the download accordingly).

Suggestions are welcome,
Norm
You should make also a download for people, who don't need the whole engines and/or popcount folder. (over 2GB extracted IIRC)

Anyhow, I will take a look at it, after I made a macro for converting my winboard/cutechess engine settings into your config style :)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

does the gui support bin books ?
kranium

Post by kranium »

Damir wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:48 pm does the gui support bin books ?
No, only PGN->FEN