Sapeli 1.0 - New chess engine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
JohnWoe
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 pm

Re: Sapeli 1.0 - New chess engine

Post by JohnWoe » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:43 pm

Sapeli 1.63

Source code: https://github.com/SamuraiDangyo/Sapeli
Release: https://github.com/SamuraiDangyo/Sapeli ... /tag/v1.63

There was actually some bugs in perft function. The total perft suite is actually: 32,362,126,796 nodes.
Time management is greatly simplified.
AiLevel was much improved.

Now AiLevel is much better. Some quick tests.
AiLevel 0 as random mover loses all games as random mover should.
Level 1/100 scores 2%.
10/100 scores 9%. etc.
Seems to work great now.

Code: Select all

AiLevel: 0
Score of Sapeli 1.63 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b: 0 - 276 - 0  [0.000] 276

AiLevel: 1
Score of Sapeli 1.63 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b: 2 - 139 - 4  [0.028] 145

AiLevel: 10
Score of Sapeli 1.63 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b: 24 - 326 - 20  [0.092] 370

AiLevel: 30
Score of Sapeli 1.63 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b: 16 - 126 - 17  [0.154] 159

AiLevel: 50
Score of Sapeli 1.63 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b: 46 - 112 - 21  [0.316] 179

AiLevel: 80
Score of Sapeli 1.63 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b: 74 - 39 - 36  [0.617] 149

AiLevel: 100
Score of Sapeli 1.63 vs Fairy-Max 5.0b: 82 - 5 - 17  [0.870] 104

JohnWoe
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 pm

Re: Sapeli 1.0 - New chess engine

Post by JohnWoe » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:41 pm

I wanted to check has there been any progress in terms of strength. It is faster and less buggy that's I know without testing.

I ran a little tournaments against older versions using Chess960 games. I test against Stockfish just to see there's no illegal moves/crashes.
Yes, the latest version is the strongest as it should be.

Code: Select all

Rank Name                          Elo     +/-   Games   Score   Draws
   1 Sapeli 1.64                    66      32     400   59.4%   13.3%
   2 Sapeli 1.02                    55      32     400   57.9%   14.2%
   3 Sapeli 1.38                    36      32     400   55.1%   13.3%
   4 Sapeli 1.21                   -61      32     400   41.4%   13.8%
   5 Sapeli 1.16                   -98      33     400   36.3%   12.5%
Finished match

Gabor Szots
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: Sapeli 1.0 - New chess engine

Post by Gabor Szots » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:31 am

JohnWoe wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:41 pm
I wanted to check has there been any progress in terms of strength. It is faster and less buggy that's I know without testing.

I ran a little tournaments against older versions using Chess960 games. I test against Stockfish just to see there's no illegal moves/crashes.
Yes, the latest version is the strongest as it should be.

Code: Select all

Rank Name                          Elo     +/-   Games   Score   Draws
   1 Sapeli 1.64                    66      32     400   59.4%   13.3%
   2 Sapeli 1.02                    55      32     400   57.9%   14.2%
   3 Sapeli 1.38                    36      32     400   55.1%   13.3%
   4 Sapeli 1.21                   -61      32     400   41.4%   13.8%
   5 Sapeli 1.16                   -98      33     400   36.3%   12.5%
Finished match
Still no chance for a Windows compile?
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3057
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Sapeli 1.0 - New chess engine

Post by Guenther » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am

Gabor Szots wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:31 am
...
Still no chance for a Windows compile?
I created one for my architecture only, old quadcore (yorkfield), no popcount, SSE 4.1.
If you are interested I can add it here, (if talkchess has no hickups anymore for connection)
(connection problems since around 15 minutes from here)
Current foe list count : [99]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

Gabor Szots
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: Sapeli 1.0 - New chess engine

Post by Gabor Szots » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:02 am

Guenther wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am
Gabor Szots wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:31 am
...
Still no chance for a Windows compile?
I created one for my architecture only, old quadcore (yorkfield), no popcount, SSE 4.1.
If you are interested I can add it here, (if talkchess has no hickups anymore for connection)
(connection problems since around 15 minutes from here)
Yes, I am interested. And sooner or later I may learn how to compile it myself.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3057
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Sapeli 1.0 - New chess engine

Post by Guenther » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 am

Gabor Szots wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:02 am
Guenther wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am
Gabor Szots wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:31 am
...
Still no chance for a Windows compile?
I created one for my architecture only, old quadcore (yorkfield), no popcount, SSE 4.1.
If you are interested I can add it here, (if talkchess has no hickups anymore for connection)
(connection problems since around 15 minutes from here)
Yes, I am interested. And sooner or later I may learn how to compile it myself.
Well, the quota for adding files is very low?
(140KB was too much already)
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Get it here:
http://rwbc-chess.de/Downloads/Engines/Sapeli_164na.7z
Current foe list count : [99]
http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm

Gabor Szots
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: Sapeli 1.0 - New chess engine

Post by Gabor Szots » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:44 am

Guenther wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 am
Get it here:
http://rwbc-chess.de/Downloads/Engines/Sapeli_164na.7z
Thanks Günther.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

Post Reply