The human gives a beating and encloses the King of the supercomputer in the center of the board of Fritz 15.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

Re: The human gives a beating and encloses the King of the supercomputer in the center of the board of Fritz 15.

Post by supersharp77 »

zullil wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 pm
Uri wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:28 pm The most disappointing thing about chess engines is that during 26 years of hard work there was almost no progress in playing strength. In fact, maybe the engines have even went backwards in playing strength.

I think it's also possible, giving the history of chess engines, that chess engines will never be better than humans (like Kasparov for example) in playing strength.

All I can say is that I'm extremely disappointed about chess engines.
From which alternate universe are you posting? :wink:
Hahahaha...Agree 1000%.. The modern Chess Engines are without a doubt...SuperStrong...Otherwise Gm's would be lining up trying to beat them...High level tactical play and positional play that is difficult to beat..of course you could "Play to survive" and Perhaps "win on TIME" but thats probably as far as it goes...I do believe with "Flawless Play Humans can on Occasion beat Chess Engines".... :D :wink: