Page 1 of 2

Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm
by Hai
Using chessbase 15 gui?
Using chessok Aquarium gui?
What should I do?

Re: Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:20 pm
by Werewolf
Hai wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm
Using chessbase 15 gui?
Using chessok Aquarium gui?
What should I do?
Google and see where this has been asked many times before

Re: Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:23 pm
by Ron Langeveld
Could be the 20th entry on this list?

https://brightside.me/wonder-curiositie ... le-381260/

Re: Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:42 pm
by Hai
Werewolf wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:20 pm
Hai wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm
Using chessbase 15 gui?
Using chessok Aquarium gui?
What should I do?
Google and see where this has been asked many times before
Done, but still some guys have speed problems to reach more nps, not like it would be 2 gpus.

Re: Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:46 pm
by Albert Silver
Hai wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:42 pm
Werewolf wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:20 pm
Hai wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm
Using chessbase 15 gui?
Using chessok Aquarium gui?
What should I do?
Google and see where this has been asked many times before
Done, but still some guys have speed problems to reach more nps, not like it would be 2 gpus.
The CPU they have is also a factor. Slow core clocks will hurt performance, such as typical Xeons or the like.

Re: Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:42 am
by Gino Figlio
What would be the best CPU for an RTX 2080? Are there benchmarks somewhere?

Re: Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:12 am
by corres
Hai wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm
...
Your main question is rather stupid.
Do you not know TCEC and CCCC also use multiple GPUs?

Re: Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:04 am
by Werewolf
Albert Silver wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:46 pm
Hai wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:42 pm
Werewolf wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:20 pm
Hai wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm
Using chessbase 15 gui?
Using chessok Aquarium gui?
What should I do?
Google and see where this has been asked many times before
Done, but still some guys have speed problems to reach more nps, not like it would be 2 gpus.
The CPU they have is also a factor. Slow core clocks will hurt performance, such as typical Xeons or the like.
And raising thread count on the cpu doesn't help? I was surprised when I saw that the best CPU thread count for a dual 2080 Ti is 3. I assumed therefore the issue was simply the CPU isn't doing too much.

But are you saying it doesn't scale up with more cores very well?

Re: Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:54 am
by corres
You forget the effect of the used GPUs and the effect of motherboard and its settings: SLI/CrossFire/NONE.

Re: Can Leela use 2x RTX gpus?

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:39 pm
by Albert Silver
Werewolf wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:04 am
Albert Silver wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:46 pm
Hai wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:42 pm
Werewolf wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:20 pm
Hai wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm
Using chessbase 15 gui?
Using chessok Aquarium gui?
What should I do?
Google and see where this has been asked many times before
Done, but still some guys have speed problems to reach more nps, not like it would be 2 gpus.
The CPU they have is also a factor. Slow core clocks will hurt performance, such as typical Xeons or the like.
And raising thread count on the cpu doesn't help? I was surprised when I saw that the best CPU thread count for a dual 2080 Ti is 3. I assumed therefore the issue was simply the CPU isn't doing too much.

But are you saying it doesn't scale up with more cores very well?
No, I am saying it doesn't scale up with more cores at all. In fact, you will lose performance with more cores, not gain.