Anyone know of a way to download FR fens(chess960) by FR position number?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Re: Anyone know of a way to download FR fens(chess960) by FR position number?

Post by MikeB »

adams161 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:08 am I know i complained earlier i find FR programming confusing and painsaking at times but it was heavily tested and developed over 4-5 weeks and i'm actually confident that in play and pgn playback i think we got all bugs out. Could not do it myself, my tester was sharp too As I told him particularly in play it had to absolutely work with the castle moves bug free or my users wont find it credible to play if there are any bugs My tester also insisted PGN playback was important to him and that should always work bug free so we fixed bugs there I think i left a bug on castle moves in free play examine mode finally saying lets get this out. But its enourmouse work now to add variants to pulsar We need to support play on both android and ios and pgn logging and play back and then finally free play examine mode when in pgn mode But a ton of work went into making it work in a way that i felt users could find it credible as a playing program as FR I'm a professional i figure. I might find elements of FR programming tedious but work is force over distance. You just keep working and testing and debugging till done. Though i got lucky some of my existing FR code from other apps could be imported in so most FR bugs were in the adapter to the engine i wound up fixing .
+1 good job!
Roland Chastain
Full name: Roland Chastain

Re: Anyone know of a way to download FR fens(chess960) by FR position number?

Post by Roland Chastain »

Hello! In case someone doesn't know, on this page there is a C source code by R. Scharnagl, that allows to generate a FRC position from its number. See also this discussion.
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.