New Orion release : v0.6 !

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

David Carteau
Full name: David Carteau

New Orion release : v0.6 !

Post by David Carteau »

Yeeeeees ! One year (almost) after the last release, I'm pleased to announce a new version of my little engine Orion ! A lot of changes, with the main part of progress coming from evaluation new terms and (genetical) automated-tuning.

For all who are interested, more info and download on my website (see signature) :)
Graham Banks

Re: New Orion release : v0.6 !

Post by Graham Banks »

Thanks David, for your efforts in improving Orion. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
konsolas
Full name: Vincent

Post by konsolas »

Congrats! 100 elo is huge :D
David Carteau
Full name: David Carteau

Post by David Carteau »

Graham Banks wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:24 pm Thanks David, for your efforts in improving Orion. :)
Improving Orion is sometimes... a nightmare ?! You try some ideas, test them for hours, and then... nothing. But, one day, one change make the difference, and you're back on the track ! Thanks Graham, and thanks to all testers, for testing our engines: without all these tournaments and rating lists, our efforts would be in vain !
konsolas wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:48 pm Congrats! 100 elo is huge :D
Yes, I'm happy ! But I prefer waiting to see how the new version will deal in "real" conditions. I'm not sure of the way I assess the elo progression (I download CCRL games, add games played by the new version against 30 different opponents - among which Topple 0.3.5 ! - and launch bayeselo with the actual rating of v0.5. I think expert advices are needeed :-) In the meanwhile, congrats for your (so strong) engine !